navigation

Wednesday 16 March 2016

My (Updated) Nail Polish Collection


I know, I know - I did this post originally a few months back here after I felt I'd finally nailed (pardon the pun) my storage situation and at last had a set-up for all my polishes that I was happy with. However, since then there's been additions to the pack (obviously) and after a yet another clear-out a few days ago there's also been a few departures too so I thought it was about time I did an updated version. Ready? Let's go...

On the first row I generally keep all my Reds. From left to right I have my Barry M Speedy Quick Dry in 'Dead Heat' (a bright red), Rimmel Salon Pro's in 'Hip Hop' (orange-y red) and 'Mars', (true red) Maybelline Superstay in 'Deep Red' (burgundy-toned red), Seventeen Glitter Polish in 'Red', H&M Beauty Nail Polish in 'Russet Pearl' (a brown-toned red with a pearlescent finish), Rimmel Glitter Bomb Polish in 'Midnight Mistletoe' (a glitter mix of red, green and silver flecks), Barry M Nail Paints in 'Ruby Slippers' (a fine red/pink shimmer) and 'Raspberry' (a - you guessed it - raspberry hue) and Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine in 'Pomegranate' (a berry red/pink hybrid). The second row moves more into the Pink side of things. There's another Rimmel Salon Pro in 'Red Ginger' (a bright-ish pink), Maybelline Superstay in 'Pink Volt' (a super bright pink), Barry M Nail Paint in 'Birthday' (a pink polish base with pink, white and purple glitter flecks), Maybelline Color Show in 'Crimson Flush' (a pinky-purple mix), Barry M Glitterati Nail Paint in 'Starlet' (a super sparkly pink glitter), Barry M Sunset Polish in 'Peach For The Stars' (a peachy-pink), Barry M Hi-Shine Gelly in 'Grapefruit' (a bright, mid-toned pink), Collection Hot Looks 60 Seconds Polish in 'Hoola Hoop' (a true Barbie pink), Tanya Burr Cosmetics Polish in 'Pick 'n' Mix' (a pale, blue-based baby pink) and Barry M Silk Effect in 'Blossom' (a pearlescent pink with a matte finish).

Moving onto the third row and this is where I have a few a couple more pale pinks and then all my colours that are more Orange-y in tone - peaches, corals and coppers. I have a Maybelline Color Show in 'Rose Chic' (an icy pale pink shimmer) and 'Bouquet' (a mix of pale pink, white and rose gold flecks), Essie Glitter Nail Polish in 'A Cut Above' (mid-toned pink glitter), Barry M Speedy in 'Freestyle' (a super pale, dusky pink) and 'In A Heartbeat' (a peachy pink with a tad more pigment to it), Barry M Nail Paint in 'Peach Melba' (a pale peach - as the name correctly implies!), Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine in 'Papaya' (a light orange), Maybelline Color Show in 'Coral Craze' (a coral - would you believe it!), 'Rimmel 60 Seconds Polish in 'Tangerine Tent' (a bright orange), H&M Beauty Nail Polish in 'Copper Cascade' (a copper glitter) and Maybelline Color Show in 'Pink Party Dress' (a more finely-milled copper shimmer). The fourth row has the final polish of the copper family - Maybelline Color Show in 'Brick Shimmer' (almost identical in tone to 'Pink Party Dress', but more of a proper glitter texture) - and also has all my Golds and moves into Purples too. After that Maybelline one, I have the Bourjois 1 Seconde Nail Polish in 'Oh My Gold' (a gold shimmer interspersed with silver flecks), Maybelline Superstay in 'Winner Takes It All' (a metallic shimmery gold), H&M Beauty Nail Polish in 'Gold Rush' (a yellow-toned gold glitter) and Seventeen's Glitter Nail Polish in 'Gold' (a gold glitter - you guessed it!). Next up we have Purples and I have the Barry M Sunset Polish in 'Dark Side Of The 'Shroom' (a lilac-y greige type of shade), Barry M Hi-Shine Gelly in 'Acai Smoothie' (a pinky-purple) and 'Prickly Pear' (a bright, pastel lilac), Barry M Speedy Quick Dry in 'Need For Speed' ( bright mid-toned purple) and Maybelline's Superstay in 'Berry Stain' (a more berry-toned - would you believe - deeper purple).

Fifth row contains the rest of my Purple polishes and all of my Blue lacquers too. Starting at the left side, I have the Barry M Nail Paint in 'Vintage Violet' (another purple-y greige hue) and 'Berry Cosmo' (another berry purple), Rimmel Salon Pro in 'Urban Purple' (a deep purple), Maybelline Superstay in 'Divine Wine' (similar to previous but a tad richer in colour), Barry M Hi-Shine Gelly in 'Sparkling Amethyst' ( a super deep purple with purple shimmer running through it), Collection 60 Seconds Hot Looks Polish in 'Parma Violet' (a very dark purple), Maybelline Superstay in 'Surreal' (a mid-toned, dusky blue), Barry M Hi-Shine Gelly's in 'Guava' (a bright teal shade) and 'Sky Blue' (a pastel baby blue) and their Speedy Quick Dry in 'Eat My Dust' (simailr to previous but with more of a grey tone). And finally for colours, on the sixth row we have a couple of Green-y polishes and some other more random ones at the end too. There's the Rimmel 60 Seconds Polish in 'Roll In The Grass' (a bright mint green), Barry M Hi-Shine Gelly in 'Kiwi' (a bright true green), Barry M Nail Paint in 'Black and Gold' (a black polish base with gold glitter) and 'Silver Glitter' (a straight-up silver shimmer) and Maybelline Color Show in 'Light Up' (similar to previous but a tad higher up in opacity, with a metallic silver base). In terms of top coats I have an old Colorama Glitter Top Coat that I don't believe you can get anymore in '35', the Barry M Hi-Shine Gelly Top Coat and also their Sunset Daylight Curing Top Coat to pair with the colours from the range that I own. The final (seventh) row contains all my nailcare polishes and as you can see there's one from Collection - the 2-in-1 Longer and Stronger Nails Treatment - and the rest are all from good 'ole Barry M's new range which I really rather like - their 'Super Mani', 'Iron Mani' and their 'Mani Mask' in 'Bashful'.

And that just about concludes my updated nail polish collection! I hope you found that interesting in some way and I'll see you the same time, same place on Friday for my new post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS