navigation

Friday 27 March 2015

Empties #4


Time for another round of Empties (can you believe we're already on the fourth one? I suppose I should be reassured that I'm actually making my way through all my beauty bumf). You know the deal by now - I collect all my used-up products over the past month or so, hoard them in my rubbish bin until there's enough to warrant a post and then pour out the contents to you lovely lot, giving mini reviews along the way. Let's go...

Let's start by quickly summarising a few products I've gone through that have already featured in an Empties post somewhere along the line. While I don't wanna sound like a broken record, the fact I've finished up another sure means it's good so it'd be rude not to share - right? First up I've got another completely finished pack of the Superdrug Sensitive Cleansing Facial Wipes which are my holy grail. Having had many a bad experience with the things, these have never caused any irritation and whilst I may not use them as much as I used to - I'm much more of a Micellar water gal these days - they still come in handy.  I've also finished another Nivea Sensitive Day Cream and its bedtime brother - the Night Cream version. These are again two of the best day and night creams I've tried and really help to soothe any sensitivity in my skin whilst keeping it soft and hydrated. I've also gone through another pack of the Tesco Double Faced Cotton Pads that I love for when I use liquid-based products to remove my makeup and as they're double faced, I can usually get away with just using one. Finally for the 're-empties', I used up another tube of possibly my all-time fave mascara - Maybelline The Falsies - quite some time ago as one of the first empties to make its way into this bag and I think we all know my feelings on this stuff by now. Does exactly what it says on the tin and I. Love. It.

Soap and Glory Sugar Crush Body Scrub - I talked in this Empties post about Soap and Glory's Breakfast Scrub that I'd finished and this one was what I opted for afterwards and I really enjoyed using it. The smell is incredible - citrusy yet sweet - and it does a brilliant job of getting all your dead skin off (ew) without aggravating it too much in the process.

Garnier Micellar Water - I did say I've really got behind this whole trend recently. I picked this up as a comparison to the Bioderma which I also loved and now having tried out both, I have to say I'm struggling to pinpoint a specific difference between the two. They both actually feel like water on the skin, leave behind no trace afterwards and don't irritate my skin at all. If you're in the market for a Bioderma dupe - this may just be your guy.

Urban Decay All-Nighter Setting Spray - I picked this up on recommendation from many a beauty blogger when looking for a spray to guarantee makeup longevity for a few events I had lined up. This did a fab job of doing exactly what it says on the tine - setting my makeup down from application to removal, with it looking practically they same come bedtime as it did in the morning. I will certainly be picking up another of this soon.

Dr Bronner's Magic Soap - Also picked up on blogger recommendation. For 'proper' cleans (not spot cleaning) this works really well at removing everything without being too harsh and leaving your brushes looking as good as new at the end. A little really does go a long way and this bottle lasted me a good six months if not more, so if you're searching for a new brush cleaner, I'd definitely point you in the direction of this beauty.

Batiste Dry Shampoo - I have this in the Original scent, and I remember picking this up one day in Boots when needing a quick hair fix and so I bought the travel version. This does the job pretty well, I know some prefer other brands when it comes to the whole dry shampoo thing, but I do find with this the key is in how you manage the application. As long as I really rub it in after spraying, we're all good.

And so there goes another round of fully-finished beauty bumf, having served their purpose and ready to say goodbye. Oh so deep...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS