navigation

Monday 13 July 2015

Tried and Tested: #ZoellaBeauty - The Tutti Fruity Collection









Last year, Zoe Sugg a.k.a. online sensation 'Zoella' released her first beauty collection. Inspired by her love of pampering and 'me-time', it featured a whole host of different products aimed to indulge yourself with - from a bubble bath to. I picked up a few and reviewed them here - and found a few gems amongst them - but as you can probably guess from the title, this post is about something completely new. Last month, Zoe announced a new #ZoellaBeauty range - 'Tutti Fruity'.

Whilst the Original line possessed more of a floral, comforting scent ideal for the cooler months in which it was launched, (I recall likening it to Parma Violets), the 'Tutti Fruity' line, according to Zoe herself and as the name would suggest, is more sweet and fruity and so is perfect for the Summer when you want to feel refreshed. Much to fans' appreciation, the line features many replicas of products that were part of the Original line - for example the 'Fizz Bar' that featured the first time round makes a comeback in the form of the 'Fresh Fizz' Bath Fizzer, a similar concept of a bath fizzer in bar form, but this time in three segments as opposed to six. The line again also features the same word play as was evident in the first #ZoellaBeauty range, adding a personal touch.
Alongside the bath fizzer, the range is completed by the 'Candy Cream' Body Lotion, 'Foam Sweet Foam' Shower Gel, 'Let's Spitz' Body Spray, 'Scrubbing Me Softly' Body Scrub, 'Kissy Missy' Lip Balm and a Makeup Bag embossed with the #ZoellaBeauty slogan and pretty makeup-related illustrations. I picked up the four I felt most interested me and I would get the most use out of, so plumped for the 'Fresh Fizz' (£5), 'Foam Sweet Foam' (£3.50), 'Scrubbing Me Softly' (£7.00) and 'Candy Cream' (£5). I've given each a little test out over the past week so am now ready to impart some mini-reviews if you are perhaps looking at trying something from the 'Tutti Fruity' collection...

First up we have the 'Foam Sweet Foam' Cleansing Shower Gel. I used this (as best suggested, of course) in the shower in place of my usual shower gel offerings and I really was pleasantly surprised by this. After my mediocre reaction to 'Soak Opera', I perhaps wasn't expecting such great things from its replacement in the new line, but oh my was I wrong. The scent of this was lovely, though perhaps not as typically 'Tutti Fruity' as some may class it to be. It reminds me a lot of an Impulse Body Spray (can't think of the name) that I used to use a few years back when I was younger and smelling this collection makes me feel all nostalgic - lame, but true. It's fruity, but still has a nice freshness to it that the name of the line didn't make me expect, but I'm actually quite glad Zoe did go down that road as opposed to making things super-sweet. Even though the range is predominantly aimed at her young fan base, the scent of this collection doesn't feel too 'young' for me to carry off using. Anyway, back to the shower gel... it really does live up to it's 'gel' name. It's very thick in texture (unlike some others I've used which are more runny) and it lathers up brilliantly so a little really does go a long way - great value for money. It also almost feels creamy on the skin - even though it's labelled as being 'cleansing'. This conjures up the image of it being far more stripping on the skin than moisturising, but in fact it does the complete opposite and after using it I notice my skin does feel clean, but still hydrated at the same time. All in all - this gets the thumbs up from me.

Next up is the 'Scrubbing Me Softly' Smoothing Body Scrub. This, as I mentioned earlier, is a completely new addition to the line and one I'm personally very happy Zoe has. I love a good body scrub, but I am rather particular about the ones I like. Usually I go for ones from Soap and Glory as their body polishers really do rock, but this does go some way to compete with my addiction to those. The smell again is just lovely - identical to that of the Shower Gel - though I do find with this I get more of the 'fruity-ness' coming through, which has to be a bonus. You definitely get more of the 'Blueberry and Acai Extracts' which are supposedly the main features of the scent come through in this. The scrub itself is also gorgeous. Compared to my Soap and Glory ones, it appears to be less 'scrubby' in the tub and have less actual particles to do the job in hand, but once actually applied to the skin it seems be just as good at buffing those dead bits of skin away. Having sensitive skin, I do have to be careful as to what scrubs I use, and I have found that ones of the sugar variety appear to get on with my skin far better. This falls into that category (which I'm very chuffed about), meaning it's less abrasive, and it also contains Cocoa Butter (making the formula of it quite thick and almost waxy in texture) but also meaning when you've washed it off, your skin feels silky-smooth - which often isn't a quality many scrubs offer, but I personally love it when they do. Again - this gets a big thumbs up.

Then we have the 'Candy Cream' Softening Body Lotion. Now, I hate to be a bit of a Debbie Downer on this one, but I wasn't as thrilled with this as I was with the rest of the items I tried. I'm only being honest, yanno. While I loved the 'Cream Madly Dreamy' Body Lotion from the first collection, I actually found this to not live up to the same high standard, which is a shame. I firstly found the scent of this wasn't as true to the other items I tried. I actually found it to bare quite a strong resemblance to the scent of the first collection, as opposed to the fruity-ness of the 'Tutti Fruity' line - which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but to me it doesn't really 'fit' with the other items in terms of scent. I do love the concept of the bursting beads which look very pretty in the bottle and quite cool when applied and you do notice the fragrance become more apparent the more you rub the lotion in. I also love how nice it leave my skin feeling after I've used it - really hydrated and no horrible stickiness that hangs around for ages, leaving you unable to get dressed. To me, the main problem I have with this is how it actually sinks into my skin. I find this to apply onto my skin in a similar way to how sun cream does. It doesn't glide onto my skin and immediately melt away - it sort of sits on top of my skin and takes a lot of effort and time before it starts to disappear. I've tried using less and I still find it to behave in a similar way. Of course, eventually it does sink in and like I said - I love how my skin feels then - but the actual application is where I'm let down by this product. Obviously, this could just be me, so I am in no way directly attacking this product and saying that it is necessarily 'bad' - it just didn't get on as well with my skin like I'd have hoped it would and like some other body lotions/butters I use and love. A shame as like I said, I loved the body lotion from the Original Range, but of course this could work brilliantly for someone else so I'd still suggest giving it a look when you're next in Superdrug and seeing what you make of it.

Last, but by no means least - we have the 'Fresh Fizz' Fizz Bar (a.k.a. the item I was probably the most excited about to try). Like I said previously, the original version of this product I loved, loved, loved - so of course I had high hopes for this too. It didn't let me down. Again, like the body lotion, it didn't bear such a strong resemblance to the main 'Tutti Fruity' scent the shower gel and body scrub have - to me it still had that Parma Violet smell (but perhaps that's more to do with the sherbet-like format of the product). I did detect more of a fruity hint to this one though, which I very much enjoyed. Just like the original, this fizzed very well once plonked into the bath and whilst not producing the standard of bath time fireworks ala a LUSH Bath Bomb, it did leave my bath water very silky feeling and with a delicate, but noticeable scent. The only main difference aside from scent I can detect is that this one is more slim and thin than the first Fizz Bar - with it being split into four, larger chunks as opposed to the former's eight smaller ones. I personally prefer the layout of the new addition, as I always found myself to need at least two chunks of the original Fizz Bar anyway, so I personally think it's much more convenient to have the bar split into more reasonably-sized chunks that you simply need to use one of.

And that concludes my (in the end, quite long) #ZoellaBeauty review of the new Tutti Fruity Collection! All in all, I'm very much impressed with the standard of this new range, and despite what some critics may say - I really do believe it holds something in it for everyone and does provide good value for money, with neither quality nor quantity being overly skimped on. Zoe has once again managed to encompass a theme and turn it into a beautifully designed line of beauty items perfect for pampering and having followed her blog and YouTube for around four years now, I for one could not be more chuffed for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS