navigation

Wednesday 3 April 2019

The End Of Zoella Beauty - Brand Recap...


Every year, around this time for the past however many, it's become tradition for Zoe (a.k.a. Zoe Sugg/Zoella) to announce a brand new Summer Collection for her beauty brand, Zoella Beauty. And recently, not only dd she do exactly that, she also unfortunately confirmed the news that it would be the very last and that as of 2020, Zoella Beauty will be no-more. Boo! So, as well as picking up a few items from the new (and final) collection, called 'Fruits' - which I am currently in the process of trying out and collating my thoughts for a review coming soon on Dainty Ditsy, as is tradition - I thought I'd also do a little something else to commemorate the end of what has become one of my favourite bath and body brands. Let's take a little walk down memory lane...

THE 'CLASSIC' RANGE (2014) - Let's start with the very beginning - a very good place to start, right? Puns aside, I knew as soon as Zoe announced #ZoellaBeauty all the way back in Autumn 2014 that I had to pick some items up to give a go. And I'm so, so pleased I did. Not only did I find some awesome new favourites, but it also most definitely kick-started my love for the brand - and loyalty towards picking up and trying each new collection that followed! I really loved the scent Zoe chose for her first, classic collection - and I guess that's exactly how you'd describe it as too. A very timeless fragrance that you could envisage a whole range of people loving. Mainly musky, with slight floral undertones and a sweetness to it, without being too much. From this range in particular, I decided to try the now-iconic 'Fizz Bar' Bath Fizzer, 'Soak Opera' Bath Soak and Shower Cream and 'Creamy, Madly, Deeply' Body Lotion. And I really enjoyed all three! As I said, the 'Fizz Bar' became a bit of an 'iconic' product for the brand in general. The whole concept of a bath bomb, shaped like a bar that you could break chunks off of was the first of its kind that I'd seen before and was clearly pretty popular amongst everyone else too as it came back in various guises in some of the following ranges too! I kinda wish you could still get hold of it. The other two products I tried ('Soak Opera' and 'Creamy, Madly, Deeply') I also really liked and I guess also helped shape the brand too, as later collections nearly always contained some form of a bubble bath/shower cream and a body moisturiser - however, I definitely feel the 'Fizz Bar' was my favourite, favourite of them all. This range was clearly a favourite amongst everyone else too, as a couple of years later Zoe actually decided to add some newbies to this particular scent 'family' too!

THE 'TUTTI FRUITY' RANGE (2015) - The next year came and I guess this is where the traditional Summer Range really came into place for the first time! And you know what? Still to this day, this collection remains one of my favourites. I really enjoyed the sweet, vibrant, fruity scent and I also really enjoyed the products too. I actually picked up four products this time - the 'Foam Sweet Foam' Shower Gel, 'Scrubbing Me Softly' Body Scrub, 'Candy Cream' Body Lotion and 'Fresh Fizz' Bath Fizzer - and once again, really enjoyed using them all. 'Foam Sweet Foam' was kinda similar texture-wise to 'Soak Opera', just with the obvious change of fragrance for this collection - and it was the same kind of situation with the 'Candy Cream', in comparison to 'Creamy, Madly, Deeply' and 'Fresh Fizz' when compared against the original Fizz Bar. But, the one which I suppose really excited me the most was the addition of a body scrub for the first time - 'Scrubbing Me Softly'! I love a good body scrub and this one was most definitely a really good one. When it became discontinued the following year I was pretty disappointed but luckily Zoe brought back in a way when adding a body scrub that was very similar to her staple 'Classic' Range not too long later. Yay!

THE 'SWEET INSPIRATIONS' RANGE (2016) - Ooo, the Sweet Inspirations Collection - the first properly sweet scent for Zoella Beauty that didn't have that musky or fruity base as with the previous two. The packaging was super retro-looking and gorgeous too - I really liked this range! Like last year, this time I decided to also pick up four items from the range in total - the 'Bath Latte' Bath and Shower Milk'Sugar Dip' Bath Salt Granules, 'Le Fizz' Bath Fizzer and the 'Double Creme' Body Cream and once again - I'd say I was pretty impressed with all of them! Though this time we again saw 'recreations' of previous offerings from Zoella Beauty - body lotion, bath/shower cream and bath fizzer - this time they decided to introduce scented bath salts for the first time and I really liked them! Of them all though, I would possibly have to say that the 'Bath Latte' was my favourite, favourite. The first bath/shower product we'd seen from Zoella Beauty that had a more nourishing, creamy base as opposed to a gel-like texture and combined with the sweet, almond-y fragrance - it was a winner...

THE 'JELLY AND GELATO' RANGE (2017) - For the following year's collection, the brand stuck with the sweet theme - this time, though, going more fruity with it! Again, I really liked the whole concept of this collection too. I feel like as the brand went along, I just fell more in love with each next range! And, as have seemingly become the running theme as time goes along, I plumped for a quad of products from the collection -  the 'Shower Shake' Moisturising Body Wash, 'Bath Frosting' Bath Milk Powder, 'Bath Wafers' Moisturising Bath Fizzers and 'Cream Scrub' Body Scrub. One thing I personally really enjoyed about this range was the whole 'moisturising' theme throughout all of the products. Alongside each of their 'main' purposes, everything was targeted at nourishing the skin - and you could really tell that it was too. Especially for around the Spring/Summer, when these products launched, it was really nice to have that element of hydration running throughout all of my bath and shower products I was using. I also fell in love with this scent - just the right balance of fruity and sweet! It's difficult to pick one ultimate top pick, but if I really had to - I think it'd have to be the 'Shower Shake'. I loved how effective this was at cleansing my skin, whilst being so creamy and hydrating at the same time!

THE 'SPLASH BOTANICS' RANGE (2018) - Then, we come to last year's collection - Splash Botanics. As the name would suggest, this was definitely the most 'fresh' and floral fragrance of them all. A very subtle scent, but I feel possibly the most sophisticated of all from Zoella Beauty so far. Combined with the gorgeous packaging - which I also feel is possibly my favourite of them all in terms of theme and colour scheme - it was a pretty awesome collection and one that I felt still felt very Zoella Beauty, whilst being slightly more sophisticated and 'grown-up' at the same time. From this collection, I actually decided to just pick up three items, the main ones that caught my eye - the 'Make A Splash' Moisturising Body Wash, 'Lagoon Love' Bath Milk Powder and possibly most excitedly, the 'Botanic'Eau' Body Mist! Yes, I finally decided to try one of the infamous Body Mists. Every year, with every collection, there would always be a Body Mist and finally I thought it was about time I gave one a go as I felt this was my favourite, most-apt fragrance so far for that style of product. And I really liked it - aswell as the other two products I tried! If I had to pick one main fave though, I think 'Botanic'Eau' Body Mist would have to be it. The fresh, floral scent just works so well as a body spray and though it definitely didn't last all day long like a perfume (though admittedly, I wouldn't expect it to), it was easy to top up throughout the day!

THE 'FRUITS' RANGE (2019) - Last, but definitely by no means least - we have the final collection, 'Fruits'! Obviously, I can't talk about this range in as much depth just yet as I still need to do my traditional review but so far, it looks to be a pretty good one to end the brand on. Again, super-chic theme and packaging and the I really love how this is the first range to not just have one scent that runs throughout the range. This time, each product seems to have its own fruit assigned to it and hence, its own designated fragrance! I can't wait to give the products I picked up a try...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS