navigation

Friday 17 June 2016

Tried and Tested: #ZoellaBeauty - The Sweet Inspirations Collection









Unless you've been living under a rock for the past two or three weeks, I'm sure you'll be aware of the fact that the lovely Zoe (of Zoella) has released a brand new collection for her beauty line, Zoella Beauty. Continuing on from the success of her original range a couple of years back and the more fruity-themed assortment, 'Tutti Fruity', that followed last Summer; this time round Zoe's taken a slightly sweeter route with the launch of her newest collection - 'Sweet Inspirations'.

When Zoe's first-ever range was launched and #ZoellaBeauty first became a 'thing', I did this post here where I picked up some items, gave them a go and reported back on my thoughts to you lovely lot. I really enjoyed the whole thing (and I think you guys did aswell), so when the arrival of 'Tutti Fruity' came this time last year, I did a similar style post here and once again, it went down well and I loved doing it too. So, I think it's only right that the third range gets the same treatment. As soon as Zoe announced 'Sweet Inspirations' a few weeks back, I begun to make metal notes as to what I had my eyes on to purchase and try and I waited it out patiently until they arrived in stores so I could physically see them (and possibly smell them) before actually putting them in my basket. That's just the way I like to do things, yanno? After a couple of issues, a week or so ago the shopping stars at last aligned - products were on the shelves and money was in my purse - and before long, items had mad their way into my basket, to the checkout and then home with me. I've given each a little road-testing and I feel now is the time to give you lovely lot my feedback. So, without any further ado - let's get started...

First things first, the range in general. When announcing 'Sweet Inspirations', Zoe herself likened it to having a 1920's, French Patesserie style. The packaging is very retro and classic-looking, whilst the scent itself has an overarching theme of Macarons - hence the name, 'Sweet Inspirations'. There are eight products in the collection in general, and of them all, I picked up four which interested me the most and I felt I would get the best use out of. Alongside the ones I plumped for, the range is completed by the Sweet Inspirations Body Mist (it wouldn't be a #ZoellaBeauty collection without a mist, eh), Body Fondant Shimmer Balm and two cosmetic bags - a smaller one that's more akin to a coin purse called 'Life Is Sweet' and a much bigger one that can be used to store everything called the 'Candy Clutch'. Looking at the range overall, there's a nice mix of old favourites that have been adapted from the other two ranges and a few new items which #ZoellaBeauty hasn't seen before.

So, moving onto the products I actually bought and have tried out. In order of use, let's start off with the product I tried first - the Zoella Beauty 'Bath Latte' Bath and Shower Milk (£6.00). This is basically a creamy 'milk' which you can either pour straight into the bath to produce lots of lovely bubbles and make the water all silky feeling, or you can use it directly on your skin in the bath itself or the shower as a body wash. I decided to try it out in the bath as right now that's what I've been having regularly - but I do want to give it a go in the shower at some point too. I poured some into my bath as directed, though did so more towards the end of the running time as typically, I find that with most bath creams things go a little #CrayCray when I put them in at the start. However, I forgot my experience with the 'Soak Opera' from the first range, which I found to work best when in fact plonked in as soon as the water began running. It turns out, this one is the same and once I worked that out, on the second go things finished up a lot better. It produced a nice lather of bubbles, gave the water a gorgeous scent and soft feeling on the skin and once I emerged, I was left feeling very hydrated and nourished indeed. I really like the whole scent of this 'Sweet Inspirations' range - sweet, but not sickly-sweet. It reminds me a lot of the 'Smoothie Star' fragrance from Soap and Glory - and actually looking at the ingredients - there is an overarching similarity between the two. Both include almond oil, and that is definitely detectable in all the 'Sweet Inspirations' products. The range is also scented with cacao and honey, giving it a gorgeous intense, sweet fragrance but without being at all artificial or overpowering.

Onto the next item I tried - the Zoella Beauty 'Sugar Dip' Scented Bath Salt Granules (£6.00). These are a completely new addition to the #ZoellaBeauty family, but a welcome one I feel as what is a bath and body range without some bath salts, eh? I'm not one to talk overly about cute packaging, but I think this one definitely wins that award out of all the items in this range. It comes in a gorgeous pyramid style casing, of which the top section is removed to reveal the bottom half holding a bag containing the bath salts themselves inside. You get a fairly decent amount for your money (150g) and the bag's well filled and it feels like you are actually paying for  just the product alone for a change. It also comes with a handy re-seal sticker which is a nice touch to ensure there's no spillages once opened. The bath salts themselves have the same, sweet scent (as expected) and are surprisingly very heavily fragranced in the packet. Once sprinkled into the bath, the scent is of course a tad weaker, but it is still definitely detectable and creates a gorgeous aroma in the bathroom and a lovely, relaxing atmosphere. The water feels softer and more silky and the fragrance lingered and stuck around for a while too which really impressed me.

Next up - the Zoella Beauty 'Le Fizz' Fragranced Bath Fizzer (£5.00). You know the drill with these by now, I'm sure. The whole 'Fizz Bar' thing has been a staple of each and every #ZoellaBeauty range since the beginning, so of course it was always gonna be adapted once more for the 'Sweet Inspirations' collection. The whole concept remains the same - a bath bomb-type product but in a bar form. You break off a few pieces, chuck in your bath water and they fizz around and leave the water fragrant and silky. As always, it is slightly different from the ones that have come before it. Of course, there is the change in scent, but also the actual format of the bar itself. Compared to the other two I've tried, this one is more akin to the first from the 'Original' range, though ever so slightly larger and this time, divided into more 'chunks'. The pieces themselves are the smallest I've seen from any of the Fizz Bar's Zoe has released and so you'd probably need more to equate the amount required, but they still have the same white colour and 'Z' emblazoned on each one. The scent follows on from the rest of the collection, as expected, and I feel the perfect balance it manages to strike between being sweet, but not sickly is especially emphasised in this Fizz Bar out of everything I tried. So, if you are not a fan of any form of sweet fragrance - this may just be the product for you.

And last, but certainly by no means least is the Zoella Beauty 'Double Crème' Body Cream (£5.00). As soon as I'd emerged from my many baths using the former products, this was the product I used to complete the whole experience - just as you would with any body lotion. And I have to say - I think this may just be my favourite of the bunch. Don't get me wrong, I've liked them all, and I think this range has to be the one which has impressed me the most consistently, but I think this is possibly my top pick of them all. Of all the body creams Zoe has released for #ZoellaBeauty, this is the one I have enjoyed the most. I feel like she has finally hit the nail on the head with the formula (at least, for me personally) and combined with the delicious scent - it's a winner. The handy squeezy tube makes application super-easy and the consistency is neither too thick, nor too thin. A little really does go a long way and as long as you abide by that rule, it's quickly absorbed into your skin and leaves your limbs feeling all soft, supple and nourished without any sticky residue.

So, all in all - I really rather like this new collection from Zoella Beauty. Once again, it's a wonderfully well thought out and executed collection of products which not only look all kinds of heart-eyed emoji, but also perform just as amazingly too. Massive congratulations to Zoe herself for yet another awesome launch and if you are yet to give any of the 'Sweet Inspirations' range a go yet - you know what to do... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS