navigation

Monday 20 October 2014

Tried and Tested: #ZoellaBeauty






As I mentioned in this post and as you probably already know, Zoe from Zoella has recently launched her very own bath and body range. When her products launched at the end of last month, it wasn't long before I took a trip to Superdrug and bought a select few to try and test out. Out of the six total products that were launched I opted for the 'Soak Opera' Bath/Shower Cream (£5), 'Creamy, Madly Dreamy' Body Lotion (£5) and the 'Fizz Bar' Bath Fizzer (£5) as I found these ones to be the most intriguing and also the ones I thought I'd get the most use out of.

Before I talk through my initial thoughts of these products, I thought I'd give a little rundown of any aesthetic qualities that I first noticed when I came across the stand at the back of my local Superdrug (literally I had to have a proper rummage to find it). Firstly, like many others have already said, the range is very much 'Zoe' in all its forms. The theme of bath and body products aimed to 'calm' and 'de-stress' reflects Zoe's personal dealings with anxiety and perhaps gives an insight into how she attempts to unwind herself in more challenging times. The packaging too is very girly and symbolic of everything Zoe loves - coral, polka dots, lace and rose gold - and the overall design and font matches that of her blog header.
 
Of course whilst the products are very aesthetically pleasing, the proof of the pudding is in the eating (probably not wise to actually eat them, even though they do smell/look good enough to). As soon as I got home from my little shopping trip I was eager to give them a whirl so that night I did exactly that and made a few notes of my first impressions along the way. I ran a bath and the first product I used was the 'Fizz Bar'. This is probably the most hyped-up product out of the whole range, I was actually genuinely surprised that they had any when I went to Superdrug as I thought they'd be sold out! This is a new take on the traditional bath bomb - whilst the product itself does the same thing and you use it in the same way, it is slightly different. This comes in a 'bar' form - like a chocolate bar - and you break off 1-2 cubes per bath. When I opened this, as the first out of the three, I was intrigued by its smell as up until then I had only other people's descriptions of the range's scent to go on. I initially thought of Parma Violets when I first smelt this - it has the same floral, but zingy scent. I was very pleased as I love Parma Violets (unlike everyone else apparently) so we were off to a good start. The cubes themselves were easy to break off, fizzed nicely and the smell really developed once you plonked them in your bath.
 
I then moved onto the 'Soak Opera' Bath/Shower Cream. This does exactly what it says on the tin - it can be used either as a bath cream, or as a body wash either in the bath or shower. I was eager to find out whether its scent was similar to the Fizz Bar - which I assumed it would be as they're from the same collection. The scent was in fact similar to the bath fizzer, in that it had the same floral undertone, but different in that it was softer and less zingy. I also detected more fruity notes to this than I did in the Fizz Bar. I squirted some of this in when I would usually with my normal bath cream - towards the end of running my bath - as I don't like too many bubbles and I was a little disappointed. Whilst I put it in later, my usual bath cream manages to still create a decent amount of bubbles, whilst 'Soak Opera' didn't as much. I know this is perhaps more of my own fault and I definitely took this into consideration for my next time using it, but in comparison with my usual, this didn't perform as well.
 
After a nice long soak, I emerged and instantly gave the 'Creamy Madly Dreamy' body lotion a go. This time I found the scent to be more reminiscent of the bath cream than the bath fizzer - it was again more of a softer scent and had more fruity undertones. This was easy to apply - not too thick, not too thin - and absorbed fairly quickly and didn't leave me feeling sticky. The scent I found to linger for some time post-application and the following morning I emerged from my bed feeling soft and nourished so all in all I was very happy.
 
In summary, I was happy with the products I tried out of Zoe's new collection. The over-arching scent of the collection was a winner for me and the products all seemed to do as they intended. I'm not so sure about whether I would repurchase them as the price point is perhaps a little overambitious for me personally as I have others at around a similar range that perform equally well or more so. Out of all of them I'd say the 'Fizz Bar' would be the product I'd be most likely to try again as I've never really tried anything like it before and the scent was probably my favourite out of the three.
 
Have you tried any of #ZoellaBeauty yet? If not, have you got your eye on anything?

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS