navigation

Friday 16 October 2015

Tried and Tested: #FleurDeForceBeauty







The Bloggers/YouTubers have done it yet again. First it was Tanya with her 'Tanya Burr Cosmetics' range, then came Zoe (a.k.a. Zoella)'s #ZoellaBeauty pampering collection (which I reviewed both here and here) and now Fleur from the online moniker of 'FleurDeForce' has also branched out her 'brand', by releasing her very own makeup line with Feel Unique. *Inserts all the excited and heart-eyed emoji faces*.
 
It's not long ago that Fleur announced the launch of her false eyelashes with Eylure (which I'm very impressed with and would happily use on a regular basis if I could), but considering the main feature of Fleur's online platforms being beauty-based - I guess it was only a matter of time before she further widened her horizons. And that she has, with the creation of #FleurDeForceBeauty. A makeup range consisting of six lipglosses, two eyeshadow quads and a makeup bag - this is one swoon-worthy launch...

All items in the range are embossed with the standard 'Fleur De Force' logo and watercolour-based design. The packaging features lots of stars (Fleur's personal favourite decoration) and this continues into the products themselves - with them all being named specifically around the 'Star' theme. I went for one of the eyeshadow palettes and one lipgloss/lacquer to give the whole range a trial formula-wise without needing to buy the whole collection (just yet) - like I've done before with Tanya and Zoe's ranges. Out of the two quads - one more bronzey and the other more pinky-toned - I plumped for the latter as I felt it looked the most unique to what I've already got in my collection. That one in question is the 'Lunar Rose' Eyeshadow Quad - see what I mean about the star theme? - and it is all kinds of gorgeous. When Fleur first announced the launch of this range, she deemed this palette as being one of her personal top picks - particularly for the inclusion of a 'rose gold' shade. That statement alone was enough to persuade me to put this in my basket, and I am so glad I did. The palette is housed very compactly and securely in a hard plastic outerwear, embossed with the 'Fleur De Force' logo at bottom in silver writing. Inside you get four shadows (as the 'quad' name would correctly imply) and a small, cheap bristle brush. While the brush isn't something I can envisage me using at all, I am impressed how Fleur has opted for an actual brush as opposed to a sponge-tipped applicator (which are even more useless in my opinion). The shades themselves include a pale, matte dusky pink ideal for all-over the lid; a light, shimmery champagne perfect for use as a highlight; the aforementioned rose gold shade which is so, so stunning and is the standout shade in my opinion; and a deep, rich aubergine-like shade that's kinda halfway between a 'shimmer' and a 'matte' and so ideal for popping in the outer corner and crease to give some depth and smokey-ness. The formula of the shadows themselves is also right up there for me. They're super buttery, meaning they just glide onto the brush with no fall-out back into the pan or under the eyes. They glide equally well onto the eyes themselves too, and the creamy formulation means they're super fool proof to put onto the lid and blend together seamlessly. They're really well pigmented and a little really does go a long way and I also find them to fair really well in the buildability department - you can swipe just a little on for more of a natural finish, or build them up to really pack a punch of colour. All in all - good quality shadows, with compactness on its side - and combined with the on-point shade selection (the other 'Cosmic Bronze' one looks equally good in terms of this) - this is the kind of thing that just screams 'travel makeup'. And it's only £8.99 - a steal. Can I rave about this little beauty anymore?

Moving onto the lips department, and alongside the two eye quads, Fleur's also released a range of lipglosses. Again, these are named after all things starry - and Fleur herself deemed these to be almost a 'wardrobe for your lips'. In essence, this range supposedly contains a shade for everyone and all occasions. Out of the six, there's everything from a peachy-pink, to a true red, to a berry - and as I'm not personally the biggest fan or user of lipgloss and I typically tend to go for matte formulas when it comes to darker, bolder lip colours - I plumped for the 'nude' of the collection. This is 'Written In The Stars' (£6.99), and it is simply a true nude shade. Also, I cannot help but think/sing along to that Tinie Tempah song whenever I read that shade name out. Anyone else? Anyway, back to the lipgloss in question and I did hear from Fleur herself that these, whilst being marketed as a 'lipgloss', are in fact more of the formulation of a lip lacquer - with them being thicker in consistency and slightly higher in pigmentation levels. And after giving this a go - I totally see where she's coming from. I originally thought of Tanya's lipgloss to be more 'lacquer'-like, but after trying Fleur's out, I'd say these are in fact much better suited to that claim. I'd say they match the almost-opaque pigmentation of Tanya's (and so don't technically classify as a gloss), but I think Fleur's are much thicker in formula. I do find this can sometimes make the application a little more tricky and timely, but the finished result is very nice indeed. The thicker consistency means they don't feel overly slippy on the lips, but they don't feel sticky either - just very comfortable. The scent is just all kinds of yummy - a very vanilla-based smell that almost veers into chocolately - almost good enough to actually eat. Mmmhmm. For someone who's not much of a lipgloss fan - these get a thumbs up from me.

Overall, I'm very impressed with the items Fleur's launched for her first #FleurDeForceBeauty collection. It seems that Fleur put a lot of hard work and effort into making these the best they could be, and it really does show. The actual products themselves seem very well thought-out in terms of the packaging, theming and shade selection and it's such good quality for a very reasonable price! Alongside my love for her false lashes, she really is killing it as of late and I am very happy for her indeed. Well Done Fleur!

7 comments:

  1. I'm really loving the look of the eyeshadow quads - definitely going to have to pick one up soon. The glosses sound nice too, I'm just really not a gloss kind of girl - the reapplying and the hair getting stuck in them is just too much effort for me!

    Misia xx | gowashyourface.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely recommend trying one of the quads out - I might even have to pick up the other 'Cosmic Bronze' one soon too! I'm not really that much into gloss either, but these feel more like a liquid lipstick - much more pigmented and less slippy/sticky on the lips! X

      Delete
  2. You have been nominated by me to take part in the Liebster award. Check out the link below to find out the rules, the questions you have to answer and the other blogs I have nominated. Don’t forget to link me back to your post so I can see your answers too
    Happy blogging
    Autumn Dreamer x
    http://autumn-dreamer.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really want to try her eyeshadows! these items look lovely!x

    emjbarker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely recommend giving them go! The whole range in general is so good! X

      Delete
  4. The eyeshadow palettes sounds great, especially the high quality you get! Plus the colours are right up my street, I don't think I could choose a favourite out of the 4 :)

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The eyeshadow palette is so good - I love the colours in this one and for the price you pay the pigmentation, blendability and lasting power are just brilliant! X

      Delete

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS