navigation

Wednesday 14 October 2015

Polish Pick: Barry M Hi-Shine Gelly Effect in 'Sparkling Amethyst'


When the evenings start to draw in, the leaves begin to turn brown and fall off the trees and the weather gets much more brisk - of course I start to make changes. Not only through my clothing and makeup, but also my nail-related choices. In the (apparently) warmer Spring/Summer months I turn to all my lighter, brighter shades to reflect the climate, but as we head towards the end of the year I like to switch things up as I'm sure many others like to do too) and fall back into the arms of my beloved deep burgundy's and plum's and this shade is no exception to the rule.

I saw this little beauty up a few weeks back in Superdrug (in a 'NIATD' post here) and as soon as I clapped eyes on it - I knew it just had to be mine. An exclusive to the store itself, this is part of Barry M's infamous 'Gelly' collection (targeted at those wanting a high-shine, glossy gel-like finish to their nails without the fuss and expense) - except this time - in a glittery formulation as opposed to their traditional crème. Out of the two available, I picked this one up as I cannot think of anything like it that I already have in my collection (a rarity, I know). A deep violet with finely-milled shimmery flecks of brighter purples and blues running through it give a duo-chrome type effect where the whole depth of colour can change depending on how and where you look at it. At first look this can appear a very rich purple, but hold it up to the light and the shimmer comes alive and everything looks much more 3D and almost metallic in finish.
 
I love this type of shade for a more festive offering on the nails as we head into the latter months of the year, but with the purple shade being more of an alternative take on the annual glitter theme - it's ideal for those who want to try something a little different.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS