navigation

Monday 12 October 2015

Introducing My New Coat...



It's kinda become a tradition for me to get myself a new coat annually around this time of year to see me through the coming cooler months. While I always end up with a good'un and love it, for some reason come the following September/October, I'm itching to have a browse again - just to see if there's anything that tickles my fancy. And pretty much every year I'll see something I prefer to last year's offering - hence the 'annual' status it has in my wardrobe updating system.

And while last year I was all about the simple, long and black style; this year I started to wonder just whether I could indeed pull of the classic parka. Having seen almost everyone sporting these at some point over the past few Autumn/Winters, it was a style I'd thought many times about trying out but never really got round to it. The ones I'd often come across would just not be my kinda thing and whenever I tried them on they just never appeared to suit me very much - or at least not as effortlessly chic-looking as everyone else seemed to rock them (ha). The tone of khaki they all donned just looked far too pale and anaemic on my colouring and the alternative black options too dull and dingy-looking. The rare one I'd come across that miraculously didn't fall into either of those 'No' boxes either wasn't available in my size or the actual cut and fit wasn't right (yes I know - I'm a right fussy one). In short - it just didn't look like it was gonna happen anytime soon. However, this year proved to work out much differently...

This year, I managed to secure myself a parka - at last - hurrah! This is the Khaki Wide Faux Fur Collar Hooded Parka from New Look - isn't it a beaut? Normally I go for Primark when it comes to my coats, but being unimpressed by this years offerings combined with a £10 voucher I had for New Look that was burning a hole in my purse, I started to look in my local NL store and came across this. This coat manages to be super-cosy, yet not overly bulky-looking when on - a serious plus point - and I can picture this coming in real handy when the weather starts to majorly downgrade. A slightly deeper, more olive-toned khaki green as opposed to others on offer, with a very luxury-looking faux fur trim going across the collar and into the hood area (the whole hood is trimmed and lined with the stuff), this is probably my perfect parka *hears rounds of applause in the distance*.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS