navigation

Wednesday 8 August 2018

Tried and Tested: #ZoellaBeauty - The 'Splash Botanics' Collection





As you might already know if you've been here for a while, I am a big fan of Zoella Beauty. The beauty brand of Zoe Sugg (a.k.a. 'Zoella' here in the online world), it's been around a while now and pretty much with every launch since, I have picked up a few items to try out - and later done a post much like this. They tend to be released for the Summer and so I was eagerly anticipating 2018's offering and when it was finally announced, I went straight into store to give it a sniff and see if I fancied giving anything from the range a go. And would you believe it, I once again fell in love - so here we have my thoughts...

This is the 'Splash Botanics' Range and as the name suggests, it centred around all things tropical. Personally, I feel this rage is possibly one of, if not my favourite in terms of theme and packaging. Everything in the collection seems to go together perfectly, with similar elements running throughout. There's palm leaves everywhere, with hints of millennial pink (which we all love, right?) and pops of lime green and I really like the 'clean' font used across the collection too. However, as much as packaging is important, we all know it's what's inside that really counts and let me say again, I really feel this scent is one of my favourites Zoe's done so far. Much like the whole outer aesthetic of the range, it's possibly the most luxurious and sophisticated fragrance so far. It's very floral, but not as sweet as some of her previous scents. Instead, it's a little more androgynous (if that's the right word) and is just so super fresh and uplifting. It's also got that more 'mature' feel to it - so if you've ever been put off by the Zoella Beauty, due to it's stereotypical teen market audience, you may be pleasantly surprised by this collection.

There's a grand total of seven items in the line-up, but as I generally tend to, I picked up three to test out for myself. The first being the Zoella Beauty Splash Botanics 'Make A Splash' Moisturising Body Wash (£6.00). This, much like last year's 'Shower Shake' from the Jelly and Gelato Range, is not only a body wash, but with a creamy texture that cleanses, whilst also hydrating the skin at the same time. Clever, right? And it's actually  near-identical, aside from the obvious change of packaging design and fragrance. The formula is thick and creamy and yet, once in contact with damp skin, quickly turns into a lather that's super-cleansing on the skin and yet also feels really moisturising too. It doesn't leave any type of greasy, uncomfortable residue on the skin afterwards and the scent lingers for a decent amount of time too. What more could you want?

Next up, we have the Zoella Beauty Splash Botanics 'Lagoon Love' Bath Milk Powder (£3.00). Now, this time last year for the 'Jelly and Gelato' Range, Zoe introduced this whole 'bath milk powder' set-up to her brand for the very first time and having tried it out, I really enjoyed using it so when I saw it'd made a comeback in this form of a single use sachet like this - I instantly wanted to pick it up. And I was not disappointed. Although it seems to be marketed as a single-use type of product, to get my money's worth I decided to split it up into two baths and found that worked perfectly fine. Sprinkled under warm, running water, this created a mountain of bubbles in the tub and also made the water itself feel really nice and silky too. Once again, it's got that same fresh, floral scent and I found it to work well for a super-relaxing, calming bathtime. Yay!

Finally, I really wanted to pick up something I never usually do from any of Zoe's ranges and one product in particular that she has done in every single collection so far and yet, I have never bought a single one of - is her infamous bod mists. As I said, they're a running theme across all of the Zoella Beauty ranges and I've always heard really good things about them too, so I figured it was finally time to take the plunge and pick one up for myself. Seeing as I liked this scent so much, what better time, right? Of course, this is the Zoella Beauty Splash Botanics 'Botanic'Eau' Body Mist (£8.00). As always, it has the same packaging set-up and price-point, yet obviously with this year's colour scheme and design imprinted, as always, on the cap and also on the back so that it shines through the bottle - very clever! I feel like the scent of this range is the strongest in this product - obviously, with it being a body mist - so if you're a fan of the scent like me, this is definitely a good one to pick up! Being a body mist, it's not the longest-lasting, but it certainly lingers for a while and with it being so refreshing to spritz on throughout the day - I certainly ain't complaining...

So there we have it - my thoughts on the newest collection from Zoella Beauty! As always, Zoe has completely smashed it - creating yet another awesome range of affordable products that are so accessible, yet of such great quality too. If you haven't checked out this collection yet, definitely pop into your local Superdrug and give it a sniff...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS