navigation

Friday 25 September 2015

Polish Pick: Barry M Speedy Quick Dry in 'Dead Heat'


Considering my last post focused all about my nail polish collection and the way in which I like to store it - I figured why not continue on with this theme and showcase one of my newest additions?

I love a good Barry M lacquer - that's a given after Wednesday's drop-in. And in recent times, I've found big appreciation for one of the latest formulations for them - their Speedy Quick Dry range. I've featured a couple I already owned from the first two launches before on this 'ere space on the Internet, but today I'm dropping by with one from their new Autumn range...

Introducing, 'Dead Heat'. Isn't is gorgeous? There's a total of four new hues that have been added to the Speedy line and out of them all, I plumped for this as despite being an avid nail polish wearer, I don't infact own any 'Classic' red shades. Of course, I have orange-y reds, pinky reds and deep burgundy or berry reds a-plenty - but there's not too much in my collection on the pure rogue front. So when I saw this in the line-up I knew it was destined to be mine. And I guess there really is no better or alternative way to describe this as than simply a 'true' red. On the nails it comes off slightly brighter than it does in the bottle - which ain't exactly a bad thing - and while at first it may not immediately scream 'Autumn' or 'Winter, when I got to thinking about it, I realised how great a colour this would be for the upcoming festive season. Imagine this paired with a gold glitter topcoat - dreamy.  I also feel like this is the kind of colour which can be deemed a 'fail-safe' amongst any nail polish hoarder's collection. Not sure what shade to lacquer up your beds with? Go for this and it's sure to be a winner. As with all of the other 'Speedy' shades I've sampled, the formula of this is just all kinds of awesome. A slightly thinner lacquer that dries super, super quick, yet still manages to achieve full opaqueness in your standard two coats. With the brush also meeting my general requirements these days - wide, flat and curved at the edges to really hug the cuticle - is there anything not to love about this?

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, this shade is divine. It's a great classic red! I'm gonna have to buy this x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, isn't it a beaut? I really recommend you do give it a go! X

      Delete

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS