navigation

Sunday 20 December 2015

Dainty Ditsy In 2015 - The Best Bits #DitsyDecember


2015 marked my first full year of blogging. While I first began my little 'ole blog back in August of last year, it's only in these last 12 months that I feel I have fully committed to it and settle into a routine that I'm comfortable with. My blog has grew rapidly in size (while of course not reaching the stratospheric heights other bloggers do, but still - going from just under 50 followers to over 200 in a year's time is something I'm very proud of) and I feel myself becoming gradually more integrated in the blogging community. All round - it's been a good'un for Dainty Ditsy. And so, with that in mind, I figured it may be nice to take a trip down memory lane and recap just what's been going on round these parts these past 12 months. Maybe it also just might be handy for those of you who have joined this little corner of the Internet later on in 2015 and fancy a look through some of my older content or if you've been following me all-year long and a post has somehow managed to escape your attention. Let's do this...

January saw me decide on some New Year's Resolutions (a conclusion post to those will be coming early next year!), give you lovely lot a run-down of my 2014 Favourites in the beauty arena and also run a little mini-series called '#BeautyHacksWeek' where I talked through some of my personal top picks in the budget categories for this purse-pinching time of year. This was also the time when I fell in love with the Rimmel Salon Pro Nail Polishes and Soap and Glory's Solar Powder Bronzer - two items which are still firm faves now and kick-started my brand new series for Dainty Ditsy this year - my monthly 'Loves and Lusts' posts.
 
February was the month I ran another kinda mini-series where I advised you lot on some ways I like to get the most out of both Online and In-Store beauty shopping and I also gave some nude lip options for Valentine's Day. It was also when I another series (can you tell I like them?) called 'New I At The Drugstore' that pretty much does what it says on the tin. I did a lot of makeup shopping - in Superdrug and online at MUA - and put together a little MAC Eyeshadow Wishlist that I'm still to finally make a purchase from. It's bound to happen soon...
 
In March I talked a hell of a lot of different topics - too many to list! There were a couple how-to's on makeup collection cleansing (here and here), a chat about my love for Nakd bars and a post not too dissimilar to this one where I talked through my personal best bits of Dainty Ditsy up to that point to mark my 100th post! I also uploaded the first of my seasonal transition posts for this year, showed you a couple of different nail looks I was sporting over the month (here and here) and announced #AllMonthApril, my first bout of daily blogging since Blogmas...
 
April was of course #AllMonthApril month, and this saw me tackle posting everyday on Dainty Ditsy again! It was a challenge, but I loved every second of it. Since there were so many posts in this month, there really is too many to name this time so I will just link here where you can find every single one for your reading pleasure.
 
May was meant to be the month I daily blogged again for the first time since December, but that all changed last minute and what was to be #EverydayMay was no more - which actually turned out to be a blessing in disguise because as soon as May 1st rolled around, Lily Pebbles announced her newest daily vlogging series under the same name! Creepy or what! Instead, I went straight back into my usual three-times-weekly schedule and this month saw me talk a whole host of brands I'd love to try things from, a rather more throwback style post where I 'Shopped My Stash' and it was the month I turned 18! As it was my Birthday month, many posts centred around this topic - such as my nails for the Big Day, a tale of me finally getting into lashes of the faux variety and a photo-centric post of a girlie afternoon tea with three of my favourite ladies in my life that I thoroughly enjoyed. This month was one of my faves, fo' sho'.

June was a very beauty-centric month for Dainty Ditsy and with the Summer months in full swing (kinda), I was up for trying all the makeup for the upcoming warmer (again, kinda) season. I was talking some new bits to my makeup bag from L'Oreal, a new mascara and nail polish love; with a few series classics dotted around the place too - here, here, here and here. I also went off on a ramble about how I was finally getting back into sporting some form of liner again...shocker.

July is one of my favourite months in terms of blog content this year - I'm just really happy with what I put on this little space on the Interwebz during those few weeks. There were hauls, beauty and lifestyle tips 'n' tricks, #ZoellaBeauty sampling, an ode to my new fave nude lippie and a rundown of my fifteen faves of this year so far to name but a few. Also, I made another daily blogging-related announcement - the start of #AllMonthAugust...

The month of August was of course #AllMonthAugust month and just like #AllMonthApril - there were a heck of a lot of posts during those four weeks - so to save me the long ramble, I'll link here where you can find every single one! It was a good'un...

September saw a change in season as Autumn approached and thus my content moved with the flow of that too - such as my 'NIATD' Autumn Edition and my Autumn Transition post. However, this was also the month it appears for myself finding love for many products/brands I still love now - including the Maybelline Super Stay nail polishes, Tanya Burr's new makeup range and Zoeva brushes. I also threw in a couple of Polish Picks for good measure (here and here) and even gave you lovely lot a tour through my recently rehoused nail polish collection. Exciting stuff... 

In October the theme of serious discovery continued, as I fell head over heels for FleurDeForce's new makeup line, Collection's Illuminating Touch range and some new haircare bits 'n' bobs. There were a few more Autumn-related posts - here and here - and I introduced you all to my new coat for this season.

November was an almost-exclusively makeup month where, just like in June, I went mad for the stuff as another change in season started approaching. I hauled all the liners - both eyes and lips, found myself another mascara love and picked up a few bits from the new H&M Beauty range. In between all that, there were some glimmers of standard beauty bumf too - such as my haircare range discovery and a triumph in the dry shampoo scent department. Phew - it's a wonder I managed to fit it all in, eh?

And last but most certainly not least - that brings us on to December. The best month and of course the one we are in right now! Obviously I can't do much for summarising December just yet as the month's not yet over and out but as for how it's gone so far, it's not been too darn bad at all. I've been doing daily blogging (a.k.a. Blogmas) again, like last year - again titled under #DitsyDecember - and I've been loving doing it so far! If you're in need of a catch-up of all the posts I've done so far this month, I'll link here where you can find them all and to all of you who are already up-to-date - I hope you're enjoying #DitsyDecember! All in all, it's been a good year for Dainty Ditsy - bring on 2016...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS