navigation

Thursday 8 December 2016

Five Favourite Finds Of 2016 #DitsyDecember


Remember back at the end of 2014 when I did this post where I named my Five Favourite Finds? I basically picked out the five products of everything new that I discovered that year which I loved the most and were my favourite, favourites. I don't think I did a similar rundown last year, but I figured I might aswell bring it back for 2016 as we're now heading ever-closer to the end of the year (I know, already). It's been a toughie, I must admit, but I got there in the end and though there could have been so many more items I could have put in here, I think I did a pretty good job at whittling them down. Of course, sometime in the New Year I'll be doing my '2016 Favourites' where I'll be giving a more detailed run-down of all of my favourites from the last 12 months but today we're keeping it more brief and succinct and strictly new products only. Let's do this...


L'Oréal Brow Artiste Plumper - First up is this brow gel from L'Oréal (ooh, satisfying rhyme). This was the first one I'd ever tried and ever since picking it up at the start of the year, I have become fully obsessed and it has now firmly integrated itself into my brow routine. This stuff sets my brows into place, adds a nice tint to them and the little fibres within the formula add some much-needed fullness to my very sparse natural brows. I opened my first tube in January and it's only now coming to the end (I know - crazy stuff) and it's not too badly priced either.

Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge - Another makeup-related item which I picked up around the beginning of the year and that has fast become a staple product in my stash is the infamous Miracle Complexion Sponge from Real Techniques. This has been raved about for years and while it may have took me a little longer to jump on the bandwagon, I sure am glad I did in the end. I used to be wholly faithful to my brushes for applying my base, but nowadays this is what I reach for most of the time. This little sponge applies foundation and concealer onto the skin  like a dream, bouncing and blending it in perfectly - giving great coverage, but a really natural finish too. I have personally never tried the original BeautyBlender, but while I've got one of these in my collection, I doubt I'll be looking at trying it anytime soon...

Tanya Burr 'Birthday Suit' Eyeshadow Palette - Eyes-wise, I just had to include this eyeshadow quad in this yearly round-up. I loved Tanya's 'Soft Luxe Collection' that she launched in the Summer and if I had more spaces in this line-up, I would be mentioning her 'Martha Moo' Matte Lip fo' sho' as I love, love, love it - but if there's one product which perhaps tops it just by a smidgen - it's this palette. This contains four equally-stunning and wearable shades that can do anything from a simple everyday look to a more dramatic effect and all of the shades are rich, pigmented and blend really nicely too. The shade 'Toast' - a warm, peachy brown - in particular is probably my favourite, favourite as it's such a different shade to anything else I've got in my collection and it works both as the ideal transition shade or alone for a light touch of definition in the crease.

NYX Lip Lingerie in 'Bedtime Flirt' - As I said, I was super tempted to mention the Tanya Burr 'Martha Moo' Liquid Lipstick in this round-up - but one other liquid lipstick which I've been using and loving ever since I found it is this shade from the NYX Lip Lingerie range. In case you haven't guessed already, I have been all over the liquid lipstick trend this year. Basically every lip product I've either bought or worn has been some form of matte, liquid lip and of all the formulas I've sampled, these ones from NYX are one of my favourites. They feel super-light and comfortable to wear, dry down quickly and easily and wear well too. This pinky, brown-toned nude shade is just gorgeous - it goes with everything and anything.

Lee Stafford Dehumidifier Spray - Last, but certainly not least, a hair favourite of 2016. It seems a bit of a random one, but it's something I've been looking for what feels like forever and now that I've finally found it, I love it. I have naturally wavy hair that's very much prone to fluffing and frizzing up and does not react well to the elements (think hot weather or rain). Sometimes, whatever way I style it - if it's hot or rainy, it will not stay that way for long. I've always wondered whether a product like this exists and earlier this year I found out that it does and oh my, has this changed my hair game. Simply spray a little of this through each section of my hair and it quite literally locks it into place and keeps things looking sleek, smooth and just how I left them all day/night long. I just had to mention this in here as it has kinda transformed my life a little. Sounds super dramatic, but it's true...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS