navigation

Monday 6 November 2017

The Rediscovered Liquid Glow...


If you somehow haven't guessed already - I adore highlighters. I love getting my glow on and - most of the time - looking like a lil' glazed doughnut in the process but I have to admit that more often than not, I reach for the powder glow-givers in my collection. I do like using cream and liquid highlighters, for for some reason, thy tend to be the kind of products I gravitate towards less often than everyday. However, when perusing my makeup stash the other day, I came across this one and instantly thought of how much I enjoyed using it a good few months back when it first joined my collection. I'm pretty sure it was one of my favourite liquid illuminators that I've tried and so I whipped it back out of the depths of my stash, popped it back into my 'main' makeup storage - where I keep all of the products I'm reaching for regularly at the moment - and promised myself I would give it another go to see if it really is as good as I remember it being...

I realise I haven't said what the product itself actually is yet so, if you haven't gathered from the above photo - this is the Maybelline Master Strobing Liquid in 'Light Iridescent'. Released earlier this year, I gave it a go pretty much as soon as it was first launched and - as I mentioned - really rather loved it. Housed in a handy little squeezy tube that makes it super-easy to dispense just the right amount of product, you simply squeeze some out and then apply however you so wish and I really do feel this has to be one of, if not my favourite, liquid highlighter I've come across so far. The pinky tone is perfect - not too icy and cool-toned, nor too peachy and warm - and so works super-well for illuminating my paler skintone without coming off as either ashy or too dark. You only need the tiniest amount to achieve a really intense effect, yet you can go in with a lighter hand to sheer things out if that's more your cup of tea and with such major reflection - you just know you'll be beaming to all of the glowing gods up there.

However, while all of those things are fo' sho' some of the reasons why the Maybelline Master Strobing Liquid is so darn awesome, the on major plus-point that has always sold it to me, from day one is the kick-ass formula. The consistency of this product itself is so creamy, so blendable and can be easily meshed into the skin to make everything seamless. Sometimes, liquid highlighters can be a tad problematic in the way they work with other products, but this one just gels nicely with whatever you combine it with. If you want to mix some into your favourite foundation for an extra glow-boost - you can; if you want to apply some to your bare skin before applying your foundation - you can; if you want to use it a a stand-alone highlighter on top of your base - you can; if you want to use it almost as a highlighter 'primer' before going in with your powder glow - you get the gist. This liquid highlighter has been pretty perfectly formulated to just 'work' with whatever you pair it with and in whatever way you want t us it and that, for me, is one of the main reasons why it is my favourite, go-to liquid glow in my collection. I don't have to worry about how it will work, or whether it will work - it just does - and that kinda makes me surprised at how this has become so neglected in these past couple of months. At only £7.99 from the drugstore, this is a utter steal and I promise I will most definitely be making better use out of it again from now on...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS