navigation

Wednesday 6 December 2017

Beauty Brand Favourites: Zoella Beauty #DitsyDecember


Once again, it's been a little while since I did a 'Beauty Brand Favourites' (a.k.a. where I give you lovely lot a rundown through five of my favourite products from a beauty brand) and with it being such a long-term feature round 'ere, it felt only right to throw one into this year's Blogmas. And, it also occurred to me the other day how I've somehow never given a mention to one of my favourite brands - Zoella Beauty. So, I guess it's about time I rectified that - and what better time than in December, when pampering and general bodycare is always at the forefront of my mind? Let's jump right on in...

Classic 'Pretty Polished' Body Scrub - A product from Zoella Beauty that's been a firm favourite of mine ever since I tried one for the first time are the body scrubs. Specifically, the 'classic' consistency that first appeared in the Tutti Fruity 'Scrubbing Me Softly' Scrub and was later reintroduced, permanently, in the Classic Range in the form of the 'Pretty Polished'. Both have the exact same formulation - just in different scents - and I really enjoy both of them. It's scrubby enough to get the job done, yet also super-creamy and balmy so it never feels overly harsh or abrasive to use on the skin. Though earlier this year Zoe introduced the 'Cream Scrub' as part of her latest range, 'Jelly and Gelato', I didn't love that formula of that one as much so personally, if it's a body scrub from Zoella Beauty that you're after - I'd definitely suggest you go for 'Pretty Polished'...

Jelly and Gelato 'Shower Shake' Moisturising Body Wash - Body wash-wise, I really like this one from this Summer's 'Jelly and Gelato' Collection. A 'moisturising' body wash, this actually has a cream texture as opposed to a gel-type one as most do and so, it kinda looks like a body lotion when you dispense some out - but don't fret - as soon as you start rubbing it into damp skin, it begins to lather up into a creamy foam that cleanses your body, whilst also hydrating it at the same time. Clever, right? Rinse it off ans not only are you squeaky-clean, you're also feeling super soft and supple too - and with such a fruity, indulgent scent to boot aswell - what more could you want?

Classic 'Soak Opera' Bath and Shower Cream - ...However, if you are simply after a good ol', classic body wash with that aforementioned gel consistency - try the 'Soak opera'. This was released all the way back when the brand was first launched (a good four years ago now?) and though it is one of the Zoella Beauty OG's, it remains one of the best, in my opinion. With the classic Zoella Beauty fragrance that's a winner every time, you only need a tiny amount of this stuff to create a real thick lather on your wet skin in the bath, or the shower. It leaves you feeling thoroughly cleansed and basically brand-new again and what I really love is that, while it doesn't claim to be hydrating like the above, it doesn't leave my limbs feeling parched either. An all-round favourite!

Jelly and Gelato 'Bath Wafers' Moisturising Bath Fizzers (and just all of the Fizz Bars in general) - If I had to pick one 'type' of product from Zoella Beauty that I have loved from Day One - it has to be the Fizz Bars. They're basically bath fizzers, yet in a chocolate bar-type format that means you can break off as much, or as little, as you want or need, drop straight into your bath and you're away. They're quick, easy and convenient and every single time, never fail to win me over. I have tried I think every single variation Zoe has released so far and so while here, I'm showcasing the only one I have in my stash right now - the 'Bath Wafers' from this Summer's 'Jelly and Gelato' range - I'm also kinda giving a shout-out to all of them as I feel they're all as equally awesome as the other. If you're new to this brand - I think this is the sort of thing I'd point you in the direction of first...

Classic 'Wonder Hand' Moisturising Hand Cream - Finally, moving sligtly out of the 'bath and Shower' department - let's talk hand creams, yeah? I have tried a lot (and I mean, a lot) of hand creams of varying brands, formulas and price-points over the years and when I come to think of it - this has been one of the best ones I've sampled. As with everything else, it's reasonably priced and yet gets the job done - and does it awesomely too. Again, this has the musky, slightly fruity 'Classic' fragrance going on and has a really enjoyable consistency too. It's thick, but not too thick and while it does take a while longer to sink in than some others I've tried - it never feels tacky or greasy on the hands and makes for rather the perfect option before bed. Especially with the weather now firmly in Winter-mode - hand cream is an essential for me - and this one has to be one of the best...

And there we have it - yet another 'Beauty Brand Favourites', done and dusted. Have you tried anything from Zoella Beauty? If so what have your favourites been? And if not, has this post perhaps inspired you to give a product (or five) a go? Whatever way - let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS