navigation

Friday 26 December 2014

Polish Pick: Christmas Day Nails #DitsyDecember


With it being the Big Day yesterday where hopefully lots of presents were opened, happy memories were made and there were generally big smiles all round, I thought I'd drop in today to give you a little peek at what I chose to paint my nails Christmas Eve, as mentioned I would in my pamper post.

I went for a look similar to one I showed in my 'Festive Nails Inspiration' post - the 'Ombre Glitter'. However, unlike the silver-tinged glittery tips I documented a few days ago, come Christmas Eve I was in the mood for something a little more classical around this time of year - the traditional black and gold. To do this I firstly used my Miss Sporty black polish as a base again before then using a larger all-gold polish from Seventeen Nail Effects on only the top 3/4 of the nail bed. I then felt the look needed more texture, so added on top the Collection Bedazzled polish in 'Tea At The Glitz', consisting of smaller, circular glitter specks of both gold and black. I took this a little further down than the previous glitter so as to add to the 'ombre effect' - starting with smaller glitter and moving up to larger chunks.

I really loved the effect I came out with in the end and felt the colour scheme I plumped for really helped in making outfit choices much easier come the next morning(s) as it pretty much goes with anything! Check back for one of this year's final #DitsyDecember posts as I show you just what I went for clothes-wise this festive period...

What did you lot go for on your nail beds over Christmas this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS