navigation

Friday 9 January 2015

Polish Pick: New Years Nails

 
Today I thought I'd continue my 'Polish Pick' series I started when this blog was first born and that I thoroughly enjoyed doing - and hopefully you guys thoroughly enjoyed reading - throughout last year. And what better way to kick-start it back up again in 2015 than to show you lot just what I donned on my nail beds come NYE...

I may not have been doing much, but I still wanted my nails to reflect the party season so went all-out glitter once again, like I did for Christmas. This time I went with a pink theme, using one of my favourite glitter polish launches of 2014 - Barry M 'Birthday' Limited Edition - and combining it with a newbie to my stash - Barry M 'Ruby Slippers'.

I firstly took the 'Birthday' polish - a bright pink lacquer with both larger and smaller hexagonal flecks of pink, purple and white sequin glitter - and applied two coats of this to give a sparkly, vibrant base. You could of course leave it there, as I have before, but this time round I fancied something with a little more sparkle and so made use of a new buy, 'Ruby Slippers' - a raspberry red finely milled glitter. One wash of this gave the nails a finish that really catches the light beautifully and looks instantly party ready, even if my pyjamas and slipper socks said otherwise...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS