navigation

Monday 12 January 2015

Real Techniques Brush Haul




Recently I made a trip down to my local Boots with both Christmas money and my wages in hand... (I think you all can already tell how this is gonna go) ...and I may have made a sneaky purchase, and so what better than to tell you guys all about it? Spoiler alert: It features makeup brushes - get excited...

I have loved Real Techniques as a makeup brush brand ever since I got into the things, in fact they are to date the only brushes I have tried and use as they are just so darn good, especially considering the price. Ever since the latest collection 'Nic's Picks' was announced and subsequently released towards the end of last year, I had my eyes firmly set on it. I asked for it for Christmas, though didn't receive it in favour of other beauty products, so instead decided to use my Christmas money to finally get my hands on it. The set consists of five brushes in total - two that already feature in the regular range, and three set exclusives.

The main reason I wanted to pick this set up was for the fact it features one of my most used and possibly all-time favourite Real Techniques brush - the base shadow. I could go on and on about how much I love this and so when I saw the set gave me an opportunity to collect another, I was sold. The other regular brush is the duo-fibre face brush that originally featured in their duo-fibre set. This is designed for application of powders or pigments, and the duo-fibre design means it's impossible to over-apply, as it picks up such a small amount of product. The other three set exclusives include the cheek brush - a flat, square-shaped brush similar to the multi-task brush perfect for application of any cheek-related products; the eyeliner brush - a flat, angled brush similar to the brow brush great for applying eyeshadow as liner, smudging our kohl pencil or filling in your eyebrows; and the angled shadow brush - perfect for crease work in the eye socket or creating that 'winged-out' eyeshadow effect. All in all I am chuffed with this set and am very much looking forward to giving them all a good go and reporting back to your lot! Watch this space...

I then wanted to pick up another brush from the range and saw Boots had a 'buy one get one half price' offer on so ended up picking up another I'd had my eye on for a while. I wanted to get the lash-brow groomer as I'd needed a brush like this in my collection for some time and never got round to picking one up. I then, after seeing the offer, picked up another brush I'd thought before about getting - the shading brush. The only way I can think to describe this is 'a-slightly-larger-version-of-the-accent-brush'. It has the same, slightly more ridged framework and so would be best used for packing on the pigment as opposed to any form of blending, but the fact it is larger than its smaller cousin means it can be employed for lid-work as well as just on the waterline. 

I'd like to say I'm well stocked up on the makeup brush front now and won't be buying any for a good while, but we all know that simply isn't true and there'll no doubt be another haul sometime in the near future. I just can't help myself with the things - #MakeupBrushAddict. Anyone else with me?

2 comments:

  1. these brushes look so good! i haven't tried any real techniques brushes but i do intend to buy some soon, so i may buy these if i can get my hands on them :D

    fashion, beauty and an existential crisis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are so good, especially considering the price of them! Highly recommend them to anyone :-)

      Delete

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS