navigation

Monday 2 February 2015

Superdrug Splurge


And once again we find ourselves in the realms of another drugstore beauty haul. The only slight difference I can make between this and my last one is that this is Superdrug-based, as all too often I think us bloggers find ourselves caught up in the fun land that is Boots and sometimes that can leave the good old SD (yeah, I'm going there with the abbreviations today) behind. What can I say that I haven't said before? As usual, I was told to make a purchase against my will as soon as I entered the building and could not leave until some items I'd been forced to pick up were transported into a pink plastic bag and some money flew out of my purse. It may be a different place, but do not be fooled.

The main reason I went in was to pick up another of their own brand Vitamin E Moisture Boost Face Serum thingys, as my last one had full-on ran out, as you'll hear about in Friday's post (ooh - cheeky spoiler). Instead, I came out with a Leave-On Moisture Mask and a Refreshing Toner Mist. Hear me out on this one. I decided in there that in fact, as I normally used the serum in my night-time skincare routine after my night cream, I could effectively substitute it for the mask, which would work in the same way as an extra hit of hydration after my moisturiser and possibly do so better seeing as it's in a 'leave-on' formula. I remember nearly picking this up last time when I first bought the serum and this time it actually made it into my basket. I also saw there was a BOGOF offer running so I of course went straight in and grabbed the toner mist - in for a penny, in for a pound and all that - which I was intrigued by. I've saw many a product such as this spring up in the blogging world before, perhaps the most classic being the La Roche-Posay Serozinc. Unlike a more traditional 'swipe over your face' toner, this can be spritzed on after cleansing in the morning or evening, and even as a re-hydration throughout the day if wearing little or any makeup at all. Of course I'm not necessarily expecting this to live up to the hype that surrounds Serozinc, but if it comes even a little close I'll be happy.
 
I then was perfectly happy with the two items I'd just popped in my basket and was on my way to the tills when my head glanced sideways and it all went dramatically downhill. I spotted a 'New-In' section in the hair department and spotted one of my favourite haircare brands - Got2B - amongst it, so naturally I had to go and have a proper look. I noticed a flurry of new items, though these two stood out and somehow also ended up in my basket. How, I do not know. I firstly picked up the Mind Blowing Xpress Dry Styling Spray. This intrigued me as the whole range is catered for those girls who want to speed up their hair routine, and so cut down time. This therefore is aimed to be used on wet hair and acts as a leave-in conditioner, detangler and also cuts down on blow-drying time too. Apt to the name, I was very much 'mind-blown' so kinda had to give this a whirl. I also spotted a newbie from a different range - the All Star 10-in-1 Styling Treatment. This, again, claims to be the perfect 'does-it-all' product, this time boasting a whopping ten things it apparently does to your hair including shine, volume, strength, anti-humidity and anti-frizz. Some of these are my biggest hair 'concerns' so I'm looking forward to giving it a go to see just how well it lives up to delivering on all bases.
 
And that just about wraps up my recent Superdrug splurge. Please tell me I'm not the only one who's gone a little 'wild in the aisles' recently?

2 comments:

  1. I always have a tendency to randomly pick up items when I'm in stores I like that are reasonably priced - it's a sin! Great post!

    Leather & Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear whenever I go into Boots or Superdrug and come out with a bag full of items I only ever went in there for one thing - haha! Thankyou! :-)

      Delete

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS