navigation

Wednesday 4 February 2015

Tried and Tested: Rimmel Salon Pro Nail Polish Range





I know, I know - I'm going on a rave about these again. I've already mentioned these range of polishes somewhere in this blog before (here, here and here to be precise), but I figured I'd never actually got round to doing a full-on proper review of them, so what better time than now, eh? Introducing, the Rimmel Salon Pro nail polish range...

As I mentioned here, I first got into these when a freebie red shade - 'Mars' - was offered if you spent a certain amount on Rimmel in Boots, so naturally, I picked one up, and I'm so glad I did. I eagerly applied ASAP when I got home that day and wasn't expecting too much if I'm honest. The formula was quite wet when I first unscrewed the lid so I instantly thought I was to be proved right but I actually couldn't have been more wrong. This rather runny liquid transformed on the nails into a pretty-much-opaque-in-one-coat affair and the wide, flat brush meant it was both quick and easy to apply without almost any need for a go-over with my Barry M Corrector Pen afterwards. The lacquer dried down almost as quickly as it'd been applied and the next day there was not a smudge nor dent in sight - anyone else sometimes struggle with this issue?

Thinking 'OK, it applies well but will it withstand the test of time?', I held out and was astounded to see it nearly a week down the line pretty much how it was when I first lacquered my nails up with it. The glossy shine still in tact and little to no chip-age going on at all. After a little scan of the bottle, I attributed this to the claim of Lycra being present in the formula, adding flexibility which means you hopefully will get longer wear-time - this definitely worked for me. This was when things really started to get serious - we had a potential new HG on our hands here. As a beauty blogger and fanatic naturally does in these situations, come the next time I just happened to be in the Mothership (a.k.a Boots) I instantly rushed to the Rimmel stand in anticipation of picking up the whole range of a couple more shades. Pretty much all of them caught my eye, but as we're still in the depths of Winter right now, I decided a bright coral might not be appropriate for immediate wear just yet, so instead settled with 'Urban Purple', a mid-toned plum, and 'Bewitch', a deep, foresty green. And what can I say? Having give both of them a good go as quickly as I could, I'm just as much in love. Same fast-drying, easy to apply formula; same vibrant shades that you could easily get away with just one coat of; same long-wearing finish. At only just under a fiver for each one, you really cannot go wrong...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS