navigation

Friday 6 February 2015

Empties #3

 
It's Empties time once again round these parts (if you're yet to see my last two Empties posts I'll link them here). I'm pretty sure even if you haven't seen my last two that you'll have seen posts on other sites in this style before and know the deal by now - in basic terms I show you the contents of my beauty bin. You're welcome...

Firstly, let's get the items that have already made an appearance on either or both of my other Empties posts out the way before we move on to any newbies that have reached the end of their beauty bumf life. Shoutout to the Tesco Double Faced Cotton Pads that I've gone through another two packs of - I just love them so much - and also to another Collection Supersize Mascara that I've finished from my mascara stocks. I've also finished yet another tube of my current fave for lathering on come bed time - the Nivea Sensitive Night Cream. Love, love, love all of those, but figured as I've already previously mentioned them it'd be a better use of both mine and your time if I just get down to business on the new kids in (Empties) town.

Impulse Bodyspray in 'Into Glamour' - I don't think I've actually mentioned this before, but I am a big fan of the Impulse bodyspray line, and have been since I was a little'un pretty much. Whilst I may have now got into the whole perfume thing, these are still a good cheaper alternative and what I reach for sometimes when I just want a quick spritz in busy mornings without having to do the whole 'spray-and-rub' thang. The most recent one I've finished and said au revoir to? The 'Into Glamour' scent - not my absolute fave ('Very Pink', I'm looking at you) but still a very pleasant, inoffensive fragrance.

Colab Dry Shampoo in 'London' (Original) - This is the range by fellow blogger gal Ruth Crilly from A Model Recommends and having heard flowing reports about this, I gave it a whirl and have to say, I'm sitting on the fence as of yet. I've used Batiste before and can't particularly find a massive difference between how each one 'cleans' my hair if I'm honest. I still like it and would consider buying it again, but I would describe it more as an equal to other dry shampoos in the market as opposed to offering a better alternative.

Zoella Beauty Soak Opera - I doubt I'll be running out to repurchase this, as to be honest, out of the three Zoella Beauty products I picked up this has to be my least favourite. I love the slightly-fruity-slightly-floral smell, but find it lacks in the main arena - the bubble department (it takes a fair bit to generate a decent amount of bubbles and what bubbles there are pop away pretty swiftly). A shame, but for the price, I can think of others either of equal value or even less that can do the job much better. Sorry Zoe! (Doubtful that she actually reads this but I still feel bad all the same).

Nivea Sensitive Day Cream - Much like its bed-time brother, I love this and are already getting myself through another tube. Highly moisturising, not at all irritable to my super-sensitive skin and all without leaving behind any tacky residue - the perfect base for makeup.

Superdrug Vitamin E Moisture Boost Serum - I've also completely used this up, as you would have heard about earlier this week when I talked some new skincare additions. I really liked this, as an extra hit of hydration over my night-cream it really helped to make my skin even more baby-soft come daylight and it made me feel I was really pampering my skin whenever I put this on - Ok, maybe that was more the action of actually rubbing it in, but still...

Maybelline Brow Drama Sculpting Brow Mascara - I really like this for days when I really want to ensure my brows keep in place and don't fly everywhere (even though I have quite sparse brows they still manage to go a bit manic sometimes at the front). I'm already onto another tube, though notably in 'Transparent' this time as opposed to the coloured 'Dark Blonde' shade, as I couldn't particularly see what difference the tinge of colour was making as I only really used this for the 'hairspray-like' properties in the first place.

And there we have yet another Empties post done and dusted! Give it a few weeks and no doubt I'll be back, with yet another group of fully-finished products to show-and-tell you all about. See you then?

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS