navigation

Wednesday 18 February 2015

The MAC Eyeshadow Wishlist

I talked in this post about thinking of making my first ever MAC purchase soon and beginning this journey by starting one of their 'fill your own' eyeshadow palettes. It's something I keep wavering over, firstly because of the commitment I know it will instigate, but also because of the slightly overwhelming thought of being confronted with the entire range of MAC shadows. With over a hundred shades to choose from in a vast array of finishes, I knew I wouldn't want to attempt to pick out the shades I wanted based on my first experience at my local stand alone. These things take prior research and that is exactly what I've been doing recently.

Some shades I'd already heard mentioned before countless times as they're kinda like cult classics in the beauty community, others I may never have heard of but there's still something about how they come across on screen that's tempting to me. Whether you've already got a MAC palette and are looking to add to your collection or are in the same boat as myself and are looking to begin your first one, hopefully this may come in handy. Here we have, my MAC Eyeshadow Lust-List...
 
  • Woodwinked - This has to be one of the most talked about MAC shades of. all. time. A gorgeous bronze which just looks amazing every time it pops up on a tutorial, it seemingly also packs the ability of being slightly duo-chrome in that it warms up slightly when you take a blending brush to it and so it looks like you've gone to town on the crease work. I love a good two-in-one and when you throw gold glitter into the equation - this has to be at the top of my wish list.
  • All That Glitters - Another classic, and a favourite of many bloggers alike. A shade which while may at first appear to be nothing more than your standard highlight shade, once applied on your lids washes them with a beautiful pinky-peachy shimmer. I can imagine this one being a great choice in the warmer months especially when you want something on your lids but nothing too intense.
  • Patina - The one caught my eye mainly due to the swatches which show it up to be the perfect subtle shimmer. It appears to be so finely milled that it doesn't look too intense and the colour sits just right between 'champagne' and 'bronze' - a kind of icy gold - so I can see it working well for subtle makeup days whilst still adding a little 'something, something' to the eyes.
  • Wedge - This caught my eye as a perfect staple matte shade, one I would describe as being similar to Patina but without the shimmer. An easy, all-over 'I ain't got nothing on my lids' colour or transition shade to use between the light shimmers and darker browns.
  • Sable - I was toying between this and 'Satin Taupe', as they appear pretty similar in the way that both have a subtle purple hint running through them. I think, though, that former may just sway it for me, as in swatches it appears to have a slight hint of plum running through it, something I usually find personally more flattering than the grey tones of the latter.
  • Sketch - A velvet finish dark burgundy-brown, I can imagine this to pair beautifully with some of the lighter shadows such as Sable which have a slightly purple tone in them as subtle twist on the classic straight-up brown smokey eye.
  • Antiqued - Again, another eyeshadow toss-up - this time being between this shade and it's slightly more out-there cousin 'Cranberry'. I know Cranberry is another popular shade, and rightly so as it really does look beautiful in both swatches and tutorials, but as a self-confessed 'red eyeshadow newbie' I feel this may be the perfect introductory shade as it has the similar rouge tones of Cranberry, whilst still maintaining that familiar brown colour base.
  • Soba - This one really caught my eye as I don't think I've got anything like it already in my collection. A warm, almost straw-like brown that I can imagine looking stunning ether all over the lids or even paired with a subtle shimmer such as All That Glitters for a bit of added depth.
  • Quarry - A bit of a different one, but like Soba, I again don't think I currently have anything like this. A matte, dusky lilac, I can imagine this also to team off well with any of the light, pink shimmers in my collection.
  • Charcoal Brown - And finally, another cult-classic staple, this time renowned for being a good two-in-one of both eyebrow maintenance and crease work. I personally doubt this would suit my slightly paler brows, plus I'm more of a pencil gal than powder, but I do think in any palette you need your 'black vest tops' as Anna and Lily would call them - an item which may not excite you as much as others, but still one that comes in pretty darn handy when you need it.

And that just about concludes the current list of eyeshadows I'm lusting after at MAC! Maybe one day soon I'll get round to making my way over to my local counter for the first time and emerging with a couple of these beauties (they really do mean it when they say building up your own MAC palette is a work in progress, yanno).

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS