navigation

Monday 23 November 2015

The H&M Beauty Collection - What I've Picked Up (So Far)...


Considering the amount of hype and general chit-chat that's been going on recently in the online beauty community, you'll most likely already be aware of the fact that H&M have released their very own beauty range. Not content with sticking exclusively to fashion, now they're branching out into the world of makeup, bodycare, haircare and more and it's all rather exciting indeed. Before, I'd only ever noticed a few cheap-looking lipglosses and nail polishes scattered here and there around the till points, but now they've completely rebranded and come out with a 700-piece strong collection that was bound to tickle any beauty-lover's fancy. While they have pretty much covered all bases beauty-wise, when it came to me finally having a gander myself, it was the nail section that really caught my eye. There are still a few other products that I've heard some really good things about that I really want to go back and give a go, but for now I thought I'd show you lovely lot what I picked up from H&M Beauty so far...

I wanted to try and go for colours I hadn't already got at home in my collection (for a change), and with the upcoming festive season coming up - and with that a couple of #DitsyDecember post ideas in mind - I ended up coming away with some very Christmassy-themed lacquers indeed. As I said earlier, H&M's new nail department was by far the section which blew me away the most. There was pretty much every colour you could imagine, all in differing formulas; from plain crème, to glitter to shimmer to duo-chrome - the list goes on. I easily stood there for at least ten minutes trying to make my mind up as to what shades to take home with me, and eventually I exited with three in my hand(after paying, of course). The first of  these was the one which I am personally the most excited about and the one that caught my attention straight-off - 'Copper Cascade'. This has to be one of the most gorgeous shades of polish I've ever come across. A stunning glitter with both large and smaller flecks in - you guessed it - copper, but if you look closely there's also some flecks of pale gold running through there aswell. I can imagine this looking so pretty over a wide array of different colours to really add that extra somethin' somethin' to the look. It's a nice change from your typical golds, silvers and bronzes and runs alongside the massive copper love-in that's been going on as of late; but still gives a festive touch to your nail look. Cannot WAIT to try this one out...


Onto  another glitter-based formula that appealed to my Magpie-like tendencies - 'Gold Rush'. This differs from the copper glitter - aside from the fact it's gold instead of copper - but mainly due to the fact it's a much finer-milled sparkle. In fact, I'd say this classes more as a 'Shimmer' than a 'Glitter'. It also in the bottle appears much more full in finish than the 'Copper Cascade' and I'd imagine this is the kind of shade that could be worn either as a top coat very sheerly with one layer only over another polish, or built up with two or three to a full opacity and worn just like that. Again, it's a super-pretty shade - H&M really have got it bang-on with their nail collection - and it's unique in my collection as I don't own anything like it. I have my gold glitters, but they're in a more similar set-up to the copper colour and are more pale and slightly duller in tone. The colour of this, on the other hand, is a really warm, yellow gold as opposed to being ashy and I have more flexibility in being able to wear it as a stand-alone shade if I want to.

Finally, moving on from the 'Glitter' theme and into something more metallic in finish - introducing, 'Russet Pearl'. Again it's another one perfect for Christmas and the party season and would look gorgeous alone or with some glitter over the top (such as the two previously mentioned). This has a metallic, slightly pearly effect to it (hence the name) and looks to be the perfect twist on your traditional red  everyone likes to go to as soon as this time of year comes.

All in all, I'm rather impressed by the range of lacquers H&M have on offer as part of their new beauty range, with the shade selection vast enough to rival brands such as Barry M - think of a colour and they'll most likely offer it. As for how well they actually fair on my nails, fear not as I will be giving them a proper trialling on my beds very soon and will definitely keep you posted. Like I said at the start of this post, while for now I've only dabbled in the nail section of H&M's latest venture, I'm thinking of making further purchases next time I go back in the other departments (the single eyeshadows sound amazing) so if you do have any other recommendations on that front - please do let me know! I need enabling...

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog! If you want, we can to follow each other on bloglovin! Just follow me here and I'll follow you back! ♥ https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/anna-alina-3947784

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS