navigation

Wednesday 25 November 2015

The 'Forever Repurchased' Products


One of the main things I love about beauty is the discovery element. I love how there's always something new and exciting to try and really enjoy finding new products I've never tried before. However, while I do love a bit of experimentation, I still find there to be a group of products which I always seem to go back to time and time again - no matter how many alternatives I test out. So today I thought I'd share those with you. I'd love to know what some of yours are!

COLLECTION LASTING PERFECTION CONCEALER - Starting with makeup and what has to be the most repurchased item in my beauty stash ever... it is the Lasting Perfection Concealer of course. I'm pretty sure it'd rank quite high in most holy grail lists, and I'm no exception. I won't ramble on too long as I'm sure you've heard me talk about this hundreds of times in the past. I've been using this for years and it's still to this day my favourite concealer - bags, blemishes, redness - it's got you covered (literally).
 
URBAN DECAY PRIMER POTION - Another makeup item I just could not be without and is always to be found in my collection is this eyeshadow primer by good 'ole Urban Decay. Being an oily-lidded gal who loves her eye makeup, it's an essential for to have one of these in my vanity at all times. I've tried a couple of other cheaper alternatives that I thought might have done an equally good job for a more budget price, but they did not in anyway live up to this. It's a classic, and for good reason too.
 
RIMMEL STAY MATTE POWDER - Moving back to the cheaper end of the scale and another makeup product I've been using basically ever since I got into applying the stuff. While I do love a luminous finish from my base and don't like to go for too much of an overly matte look, I always find a bit of powder to be really useful in the right places and stop your 'glow' from being translated as being 'grease'. This is the only one I've ever used and it's simply because I can't find a fault with it. It does what it says on the tin - mattifies the face and keeps it that way - and is very finely milled so you can happily apply without the fear of looking a bit 'cake face'-esque afterwards. Lovely.

L'OREAL BROW ARTISTE PENCIL + SOAP AND GLORY ARCHERY BROW FILLING PENCIL AND BRUSH - Finally from the cosmetics front is a duo of products that together I am always repurchasing. Personally, I don't like to switch thins up when it comes to my brows. Once I've found a product (or combination of products) that work for me and my arches, that's it - I'm sticking with them. That's exactly the case of these two items - I've been using them for a while now and together they just make the ideal pairing for the perfect #OnFleek brow - as I'm sure I've told you about before. The L'Oreal I use in a lighter shade for the inner section and bulk of my brow, and the S&G I love to employ in a darker colour for defining the arch and tail, as its finer nib gives a more precise shape.
 
AUSSIE 3 MINUTE MIRACLE RECONSTRUCTOR CONDITIONER - Concluding with an item from the haircare department and one I've also been a huge fan of since I was a young'un (probably should have just called this post 'Throwback Beauty' and been done with it). I love, love, LOVE this conditioner. It's really rich and intensive and sometimes I have been known to leave it on for way longer than the '3 Minute' instruction and wowsers, does it do the job well. Whenever my hair is looking/feeling rather 'Meh' or simply drier than usual, I always crack this out and after using it my locks instantly appear healthier and more glossy again. I try and remember to use this every other week or so to hopefully avoid my hair getting in that bad a state in the first place anyway, and it never fails to work wonders. Highly recommend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS