navigation

Wednesday 18 November 2015

Superdrug's Coconut Water Range - It's A Good'un...


As you've likely heard me rambling on about before, not too long back I fell head over heels for OGX's Coconut Water range. Having heard a few bloggers going on about how good it was, I took the plunge and am so glad I made that decision. As someone with quite dry and damaged hair, I'm always on the lookout for something to nourish and go someway to repair it, however more often than not it all ends in tears and while my hair does feel very smooth and silky; it also feels rather weighed-down by all the intensive treatment it's been given. This is where OGX came in and introduced me to a  range that supposedly gives you the best of both worlds - healthy hair without the product-laden aftertaste. The whole collection - shampoo, conditioner and dry oil - all worked an absolute treat on my tresses and I have happily ready to make a repurchase when the bottles dispensed out their very last drop. However, a few months back something exciting happened.

I took part in the #SuperdrugSwapShop back in the summer and managed to win myself their very own brand Coconut Water Range to give a go, as a 'replacement' for my beloved OGX. A few weeks later they arrived and you may well be wondering why it's taken me until November to actually give them a mention on this 'ere blog. I would have fo' sho' tried them out sooner if I could have, but I wanted to use the rest of my OGX range up before I sampled Superdrug's and that whole process took a lot longer than anticipated - but hey ho - the main thing is that in recent weeks I've finally got the opportunity to start trialling it all out so at last, here are my thoughts...
 
I was lucky enough to receive one of each of the items in the range to give a go - the Coconut Water Hydrate and Shine Shampoo, Conditioner and Conditioning Masque. They all retail for £3.99 each - a pretty darn good deal in comparison to OGX which sits a little higher up on the budget scale, at £6.99 per each item in the range. Honestly, I thought this could perhaps reflect on quality, and that the Superdrug's wouldn't be necessarily as good as OGX's on my hair due to it's lower price point, but I could not have been more wrong. To be able to give the collection a fair review, I've been using all three; alternating between whether I employ the normal Conditioner or the Conditioning Masque as the second step after the Shampoo and I have to say I am really, really impressed.
 
For me, the range works in the exact same way on my hair as OGX's does. Like I was hoping it would, it deeply hydrates my hair and leaves it feeling so super soft and revitalised - all without any funny residue left behind. While the Conditioner and Conditioning Masque do obviously vary in texture, I find they both do an awesome job of moisturising my hair. For someone with not healthier hair to begin with, the standard one would probably suffice, but as I do have that more damage going on in my strands, the mask in particular has been working a real treat. On a 'less serious but still important' note - the scent is also divine. I find Superdrug's range to have more of a Pina Colada-type fragrance to it as opposed to straight-up coconut like OGX's has - and for someone who's not such a fan, I quite like the addition of the pineapple notes that give it that tad more fruitiness and refreshing-power. I also find the fragrance to really linger and make you just want to sit and sniff your own hair for the next however many days - cool then.
 
In short, for someone who's been thoroughly converted to OGX as a haircare brand over the last few months, this range by Superdrug goes pretty darn far in giving it a run for its money. Considering the difference in price, I honestly can't find anything about it that makes it differ majorly from my beloved and that really does say something. I think it also proves that sometimes, you don't always have to go straight for the big brands in order to get high quality products. So I guess if you're yet to give the OGX Coconut Water range a go, perhaps pop into your local Superdrug and pick up their version to try first instead? Up until I discovered this range, I was prepared to go back to OGX each and everytime, but perhaps there's another contender in the running now when it next comes for me to purchase a Shampoo and Conditioner...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS