navigation

Monday 16 November 2015

A Replacement For Always Toasted?



I thought I'd finally found my perfect nude 'So close to my natural lip colour it almost looks like I'm wearing nothing at all' lip liner when I discovered L'Oreal's Infallible in 'Always Toasted'. I'd heard many people rave on and on about how good it was for the times when you want to just give your lips that little bit more definition and make them appear much fuller and even in shape, and after giving it a go myself - I could see why. It was love. I happily went through a fair few of them before suddenly, a few months back when going to repurchase another; it was nowhere to be fond. No shelf edge label, no liners - nothing. I tried every Boots and Superdrug in my local town and had no luck, and after a good scour online came to the conclusion it must have been discontinued. *Wails inconsolably*. So, now my last tube of the stuff is on its very last legs, I've been trying my hardest to find something that could hopefully come close to replacing its position in my makeup collection. And after some time, I think I may just have found it...

Before I say anymore, I also want to give a notable shout-out to the Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner in 'East End Snob'. I know this is a lot of other bloggers' fave when it comes to a neutral lip lining affair and while I do love it for that purpose, I do find it to be that little bit more 'full on' in finish than how the L'Oreal used to work on my lips and also pulls far more pink in tone in comparison to 'Always Toasted' which was far more beige-y. So while that one works great if a more rosey pencil is what you're after, as I was ideally looking for a more direct match to my beloved Infallible Lip Liner, I instead have plumped for this as 'The One' for me. Introducing, (another L'Oreal product) - their 'Les Lip Liner Couture by Colour Riche' in the shade 'Beige A Nu'. I saw many gals using this in tutorials before and noticing it looked to be doing just the same job as my L'Oreal one always did for me, I picked it up and I'm super glad I did. It's pretty much identical in colour, apart from the 'Beige A Nu' perhaps being that tad bit darker - although a lighter hand is all you need to rectify this issue. In short, it's perf.
 
So I guess all that's left to say is - is you too are a fan of 'Always Toasted' like I am and are also just ever-so-slightly upset that it's seemingly disappeared from the aisles of the drugstores, you know what to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS