navigation

Wednesday 6 January 2016

Polish Pick: New Year's Night Out Nails


If there's any other time I'm down for sparkle aside from Christmas - it's New Year's Eve. Especially with this year being the first in which I have actually gone out, it was even more of a must. So, just like around this time last year when I showcased my New Year's nails for the end of 2014 (which you can remind yourselves of here if you fancy!), this time round I'm introducing you to just what was on my nails this time a few days ago...

While last time I was all about the pink sparkle on my beds, this year I wanted to go for something a little different - perhaps more on the subtle side of things colour-wise, but still very, very glittery indeed. So, I opted to go more down the classic route and use silver as the base colour and incorporating more gentle rosey tones as the finishing touch. The overall result looks slightly different in varying lights, and I really like that effect. I first off took the Maybelline Color Show Nail Polish in 'Light Up'. This is part of their 'Crystallize' range and so is loaded to the brim with glittery goodness and gives the nails a textured, sparkly finish. Two coats of this is more than enough for full opacity and for the nails to look suitably-shimmery and while for a normal occasion where you just want your beds to look a little more glam, for New Year's Eve I wanted something a tad more extra special and so I went a little bit further. I opted for Essie's Nail Effect Polish in 'A Cut Above' (which was actually my first ever Essie purchase would you believe!) and loaded a coat of that onto the entire surface of all ten talons - ain't no time for a ombre or accent nail here. I originally thought I'd need two coats of this stuff, but surprisingly this is the first and only glitter polish I've come across that has a rather good, full coverage in just one layer.  To me, this is kind of a more pinky version of a traditional rose gold so finishes off the whole look nicely - giving the nails that pop of colour they need and keeping it all quite up-to-date and 'on trend' at the same time. This one's certainly a winner...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS