navigation

Wednesday 24 February 2016

The Multi-Tasking Makeup Brushes

 
My makeup brush pot (or should I say pots) typically comprise of tools that fall into one of two categories. First off, there's the brushes that I only really use for one purpose - it does the job and resides in my collection ready to be thrown in action for that sole step. Then there's the 'multi-tasking brushes' - the ones I use for a whole range of processes in my makeup routine as they just seem to be great at everything and anything I use it for. Personally, those kinda brushes are my favourite - they save on space, money and time spent washing the darn things. What more could you want? Let's discuss some of my faves...

SCULPTING BRUSH - Of course - as the name would suggest - this brush is fab at contouring and adding some shape and definition to the face, though the dense set-up also makes it brilliant for use with base products. It buffs in foundation and concealer like a dream and the angled cut means it can really get into all those awkward nooks and crannies.

SETTING BRUSH - You've heard me ramble on about this brush before, so I'll try and not sound like a broken record here, but seriously - it. is. awesome. It can be used with powder and cream products, and now I actually own two that's exactly what I like to do myself. It's the ideal size and shape for getting under those peepers and both applying and setting concealer, and also works well at any precise application of highlighter and even possibly contour too. 

MULTI-TASK BRUSH - How could I put a post like this together and not mention this brush? When Sam and Nic (the creators of the brilliant brush line, Real Techniques) decided to preface this tool with the actual words 'multi-task' in its name, they certainly weren't wrong - as this brush really can be utilised for a variety of different things. This ones great for all things cheeks-related, and so is fab at bronzer and blusher (and if you squash the brush down a little, maybe even highlighter too); and is just generally a good powder brush too. Not too large so that you feel you have no control over where it's going, but not too much on the smaller side so it takes you ages to put the danr stuff on your face. Perfect.

LUXE SOFT DEFINER BRUSH - Onto the one Zoeva brush of the pack and this has fast become my favourite eyeshadow brush - full stop. This is great at washing colour all over the lid, buffing shadow into the crease and outer corner and a clean version is fab at blending. Moving outside of the eye area, I've also found this to be rather good at applying concealer - dense enough to disperse just the right amount of product, but with enough mobility to buff it all out. If you haven't picked one of these beauties up yet - I'd strongly suggest you do...

ACCENT BRUSH - And last, but certainly by no means least is my second and final eye-related pick of the bunch and we're back to good 'ole Real Techniques again. I love this brush for when I want to apply an eyeshadow as a liner, and equally for smudging out the edges of a standard kohl. It's great for taking eyeshadows on that lower lash-line, and also brilliant for use on the face when I want to pinpoint conceal with a firmer, harder texture of cover-up. Blemishes - be gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS