navigation

Monday 22 February 2016

The Cream Eyeshadow/Primer Hybrid...


When you have a lot of makeup (like I do), it's easy to buy things, and then forget about them. Oops. Case in point - these two shades from the Maybelline 24 Hr Color Tattoo range. I mentioned them here in my 'New In At The Drugstore - Winter Edition' back in December, and then I simply stashed them away in my Muji drawers and they haven't really seen the light of day since. I think I had a little play around with them perhaps once on the day I picked them up, but since that day the poor things have just sat there, gathering dust. Until now, that is...

I was having a rummage the other day in my eyeshadow section and finally decided to bring these two out of makeup hibernation. As I said in that NIATD post, they're from that ever-popular cream eyeshadow collection by Maybelline, though this time under the 'Creamy Mattes' sub-titling. Surprise, surprise - they're a matte formula - and so far come in just the two colours I own. 'Crème De Nude' is a gorgeous yellow-based neutral, whereas 'Crème De Rose' has more of a pinky tone to it. As with all the other Color Tattoos, these are great cream shadows, however these two shades in particular I find to be even more handy as eyeshadow bases. Being very 'barely there', they're not really the type of colours you'd necessarily don on their own (as you perhaps would with others in the collection), so instead I love using these for their priming properties. They're not colour-specific like the rest of the Color Tattoos I've tried so can be used for any eyeshadow look you fancy and because of the shimmer-free formula, you can utilise them both for when you want to keep things matte or go a little more glittery too. As I said, the usual kick-ass formula remains the same - a creamy texture that glides onto the lid and allows for some blending time before setting down to a drier finish which does not budge until you say so - so all in all, I've got no complaints. In the market for an eyeshadow primer which isn't really a primer but acts in the same way? These may just be your guys...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS