navigation

Monday 28 March 2016

A Rediscovered Base Favourite

 
When it comes to my base - I don't tend to change things up very often. If I find a product I like and that works well for me, that's the one I'm gonna be using for the foreseeable, until anything changes or I *shock horror* discover something I like even more. This is especially true in terms of foundations. I feel like I'm forever on the hunt for 'The One' for me and whenever I come across one which I think may just be it, it becomes pretty much the only one I reach for.

Bourjois' Healthy Mix Foundation was one that fell into that category. I got into it a couple of years back, loved it, used up the whole thing and repurchased a few times (some in varying shades). Then after a while I found something else, forgot about it and moved on and haven't really touched it since. However, a couple of weeks back I had an urge to try it out again so grabbed the nearest bottle I had to hand and gave it a go. The shade was a little off, but the formula still held the key to my beauty fanatic heart. So off I went to Boots to pick up a new bottle in a hue a couple of notches down from the one I had already and now I'm back into using it again - I can't help but wonder why I let it go in the first place.
 
I was a little talked aback by the thick consistency at first, but I think that's more down to how it is in comparison to the more fluid textures I've been reaching for as of late. It blends into the skin beautifully and gives a good amount of coverage - more than what I've been going for with my latest foundation finds, but still not super full coverage - and the finish remains very lightweight and natural looking. It gives a lovely skin-like effect and isn't too glowy or too matte and I can use this with and without and primer and it still looks just as good and wears just as well. Combined with my new-found love, the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge (which I've already raved about in this post), and I think we have a bit of a winning combination on our hands...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS