navigation

Friday 11 March 2016

New Beauty Bits From Boots

 
You know the deal by now - a couple of days ago I was perusing Boots, when suddenly some items miraculously appeared in my basket and before I knew it I was being frogmarched to the till to pay for them all. Jokes. In reality, I went in for one item (dry shampoo) and came out with that...and also some other more 'impulse' buys. Let's get into this latest edition of the classic Boots haul, shall we?

Considering we're on the topic, let's discuss my dry shampoo purchase first. I picked up the Batiste Dry Shampoo Fresh - Cool and Crisp. I was all about Batiste when I first got into dry shampoo back in the day, until Colab came along and I tried it, loved it just that little bit more and so nowadays that's all I really use. However, sometimes I still like to go back to the good 'ole Batiste. Yes, it isn't as invisible as the Colab one and it requires a tad more work when applying it, but I do find that in turn makes it a little more 'heavy duty' in comparison and sometimes that's what you really need from a dry shampoo. This scent in particular I'm yet to try, though I plumped for it out of all the other fragrances they offer this time round as I really just wanted a 'clean' scent as opposed to something more fruity or florally, so fingers crossed this will fit the bill.
 
Moving onto skincare, and I picked up a couple of items from this section - one to actually be used as skincare, and the other as more o a 'tool' item. The former is the new Garnier SkinActive Oil-Infused Micellar Cleansing Water. Now, as you probably already know - I am a big fan of the original Garnier Micellar Water (the one with the pink lid), as many other beauty fanatics seem to be. In my opinion, it rivals Bioderma and clocks in at a fraction of the price - winner! Since its launch, Garnier have released a couple of other versions - one for combination skin and one that's targeted at those of us with skin that's more on the oily side of things. I personally have never picked either of those up as I'm perfectly happy with how the original one works for my skin (it's aimed at us sensitive gals and I definitely fall into that category), though when I spotted this newest addition to the line-up, I knew I had to give it a go. This combines your standard Garnier Micellar Water with a layer of oil that sits on the top and simply requires some shaking about to mix them together before you use it. It's supposed to be more moisturising than the original and also should in theory melt away all kinds of makeup, with the oil helping to dissolve even waterproof formulas. I personally have never found the original particularly drying, though I do have dry skin so maybe this version may be a tad more caring to my skin aswell as removing my makeup. I will let you all know! I also restocked my makeup wipe stash while I was in there too as while I never tend to use these for their actual proper use, I do like to have a pack handy for taking makeup off the back of my hand, removing any swatches and also correcting any mishaps when doing my makeup. I went for the Boots Essentials Moisturising Face Wipes as they're cheap and cheerful and will do the job and that's all I really want from them.
 
Finally, onto tools and I went a little mad at the Real Techniques section - nothing new there then. You guys know how big a fan I am of their range and feel the need to own pretty much everything they release - so with a couple of gaps in my collection, I knew some purchases had to be made. First off, I finally got round to picking up the Miracle Complexion Sponge after hearing so many good things about it. According to some, it's a good dupe for the classic Beauty Blender and comes in at a much cheaper price too. I've never used a sponge for makeup application before, but I feel being a beauty junkie I kinda need to see what all the fuss is about and with this one being a more affordable alternative, if I don't have so much success I won't feel as bad about it. Then, you may have seen this mentioned in the latter half of my February 'Loves and Lusts' post (which you can read here) as ever since I saw this was due to be launched, it went straight on my 'To Buy' list and at last I have my hands on it. This is the Cheek and Lip Set and - you guessed it - it comprises of three brushes targeted to be used on either your cheeks or lips. You get the 'Cheek Brush' (which I already own from the Nic's Picks set - always good to have a back-up though!), the 'Duo-Fibre Contour Brush' (which I have been wanting to try for a while) and the 'Lip Brush' (which I am very excited to have as I don't currently own any brushes for using on the 'ole pout). All in all, a pretty good collection of brushes I'd say.
 
And that just about concludes the results of my latest trip to the Mothership (a.k.a. Boots)! Anything you've picked up lately from the drugstore? Let me know in the comments below!

2 comments:

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS