navigation

Wednesday 9 March 2016

The Super Budget-Friendly Rose Gold Eyeshadow Palette


If I could, I would probably have everything I own coated in rose gold. Yes, I am that person - but seriously, I can't be alone in feeling this way? While it may be virtually impossible to make that desire a reality, I do still like to inject a little here and there where I can, and one area I really enjoy doing so is through makeup. Brands have cottoned onto the fact that us beauty fanatics have all gone a tad copper crazy and slowly but surely have started to add items to their ranges accordingly. The latest product launch to fall into that category? Of the three newest shade additions to their 'Eyes Uncovered' eyeshadow palette range, Collection have unsurprisingly themed one with gorgeous pinky hues. A rose gold eyeshadow palette? It really is as dreamy as it sounds...

This one's called 'Nude Rose' and as with the previous launch of these palettes, it's the same six shade deal. The packaging set-up remains the same, and though it may not be the most sturdy housing for a product I've ever seen, it does the job and I can't really quibble considering how affordable the palette is and after all - it's what inside that counts. And when it comes to formula, there really is nothing to complain about. The shadows are so highly pigmented, yet leave behind little to no falldown. They're creamy and easy to apply and blend, and used on top of a good primer (as I have to for every eyeshadow I use - #OilyEyelidProblems), they stay around all day long with no creasing or fading. The colours themselves range from a light champagne shimmer at the very left of the palette, right on up to a deep purple at the far right and everything in-between. You've got a couple of pinkier tones, a copper and a light mauve all sandwiched in the middle - gibing you endless possibilities in terms of what looks you could create. You may well get less shadows than a standard drugstore palette (which usually contains around twelve), but I like how condensed it is and means there's no real 'filler' shades inside that I'm doubtful to ever get any use out of. All of these I can picture myself using on the daily, and I can also see this as being a great one for travelling. It's small and compact and has just the right shades inside to be able to do everything from an everyday eye to more of an evening smokey look.

Yes, there are other similar alternatives out there which are just as heart-eyed emoji worthy (Urban Decay Naked 3 and the Maybelline Blushed Nudes - I'm looking at you), but with this offering from Collection being by far the most budget-friendly of them all, and with just as good quality to match - I know which one has asserted itself as my personal favourite rose gold eyeshadow palette of choice...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS