navigation

Monday 7 March 2016

Mascara Empties


Recently, there's been rather an overriding theme in regards to my Empties. Every mascara in my collection (and yes, I do have a fair few floating around - or at least I did) has began to disperse its very last drop - even though they state to only keep them for about six months, I tend to make use of them for well over that time period - and so of course, it's only right that I had a bit of a clear-out. Wanna see the lash offerings that have made their way into my beauty bin? Let's get into it... 

MAYBELLINE LASH SENSATIONAL MASCARA - This round-up isn't really in any particular order, as these are all some of my top mascara formulas I've come across and I love them all equally - but I guess we have to start somewhere - so perhaps I'll begin with the cheapest offering. This one from Maybelline is definitely one of my favourites in terms of what you can pick up from the drugstore, and possibly even trumps my previous fave from the brand - The Falsies. The curved wand hugs the root of the lashes and dispenses just the right amount of length, volume, separation and leaves the lashes with a nice curly, fluttery finish too.
 
BENEFIT ROLLER LASH MASCARA - Moving slightly up on the price scale, and another highly talked about offering. Everyone seems to have given this one a go since it was released sometime last year (I think?) and while some are perhaps not so keen, many are and I definitely fall into the latter category. I only have this in a mini version as, being a tad more expensive, I wanted to test out a smaller tube before (possibly) forking out for the full-sized - and that is certainly something that may well be on the cards at some point in the future if the results of this mini is anything to go by. The wand on this one is straighter and thinner, though the short bristles still manage to grab at the lashes - with this mascara putting particular emphasis on giving them a heck of a lot of curl and lift - hence the name...
 
TOO FACED BETTER THAN SEX MASCARA - Finally, the most expensive of the three, but perhaps the one I love just a smidgen more than the other two (I did say I love them all equally, but there's always some kind of favourite, favourite). This one's all about the volume - and shedloads of it. The hourglass-shaped brush again gets right on in there in terms of the roots of the lashes, and the formula's quite wet to begin with so really gives them a good coating. While it does dry out a bit over time (as with all mascaras), the premise remains the same, so if you're after a lash offering which delivers what you're after when it comes to volume, thickness and drama - this one's your guy...

2 comments:

  1. I loved using the Lash Snesational one so much, i have also enjoyed using the Essence one <3

    JULIE || cuteiinstgram.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Lash Sensational is by far one of my faves from the drugstore! I've never tried any from Essence before - maybe that should be next on my list! X

      Delete

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS