navigation

Friday 4 March 2016

Polish Pick: Maybelline Color Show Nail Polish in 'Crimson Flush'


It's time again for another 'Polish Pick' - yes, another nail-related post - but I promise after this one we can resume normal service for the rest of March's offerings. I wanted to drop in today to show you lovely lot what's been residing on my beds these past few days. I meant to give this lacquer a trial-out last month when I picked it up as part of my last 'New In At The Drugstore' post, but my Nail Tech Course last week caused these plans to be postponed - until now...

This is one of the Maybelline Color Show polishes, and is part of their newest shade family - 'Blushed Nudes'. The collection is after the eyeshadow palette of the same name, and so incorporates similar pinky-toned neutrals - and this hue is no exception. 'Crimson Flush' is a gorgeous mid-toned pink with a bit of a purple-y tinge to it. Surprisingly, considering how many polishes that fall under the 'Pink' category I own, this is rather unique in my current collection and fills a bit of a void in my stash nicely. I always feel like I'm lacking in the more 'sophisticated' rosey hues when I don't feel like going overly bold or 'in yer face' and instead fancy a more mature take on a pinky polish, but this solves that conundrum. I also feel it's the perfect kind of shade to transition into the *hopefully* warmer months, being lighter than your Winter burgundy's and berry's, but not as pale in tone as your Summer pastels - it just hits that sweet spot somewhere in-between. As always with the Maybelline Color Show's - it's opaque in two coats, dries down to a nice shiny finish and lasts pretty well too. What's not to love?

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS