navigation

Wednesday 20 April 2016

Empties #11


My beauty bin is well and truly full to the brim (and I'm a poet and I didn't know it), so that can only mean one thing - it's time for another 'Empties' post! If you're new round here and haven't seen one of these round-up's before, I'll link all the ones I've done before here but I'm sure all you regular peeps know the deal by now. As is the usual for any 'Empties' nowadays, I'm only going to be featuring products that haven't been mentioned in a post of this style somewhere before, just to try and save me repeating myself for the hundredth time - cause ain't nobody got time fo' that...

Simple Kind To Skin Cleansing Facial Wipes - Kicking things off with skincare, I have one thing to share with you lovely lot that I've used all up as of late. You probably know by now that I don't tend to use makeup wipes at all anymore for their actual primary use - to remove your makeup - as I've gotten firmly on the whole Micellar Water bandwagon, but I still like to have a pack hanging around for removing swatches/foundation blobs off the back of my hand and generally tidying up and fixing any mistakes. These I actually got in a set at Christmas and while I wouldn't purchase them myself again (I don't tend to buy the more 'expensive' wipes), they were nice anyway and did the job well.
 
Superdrug Coconut Water Hydrate and Shine Shampoo - Moving onto haircare and you may well remember this from a post sometime last year when I was lucky enough to win it (alongside the matching Conditioner and Treatment Masque) in a giveaway from Superdrug themselves! Before cracking them open I was using the more expensive equivalent from OGX and having now tried both ranges, I'd say Superdrug's is pretty comparable. They smell just like Pina Colada (and when is that ever anything but a good thing?) and make my hair feel super nourished and hydrated but without being at all weighed down at the same time. Sometimes the more 'hydrating' hair products can leave my tresses all heavy and product-laden, but this range skips that part and simply gives my hair a nice moisture boost. Would definitely recommend if that's the kinda thing you're after and I'd certainly look at picking these up again at some point when I next fancy a change in my routine.

Aussie Take The Heat 3 Minute Miracle Deep Conditioner  - You may well have heard me ramble on about this stuff many a time before too, as once again it's one of those products that falls firmly into my 'holy grail' category - I love it that much. I've used various versions of it over the years, but I adore it just as much no matter which one I go for. This is the only hair treatment I've used consistently over time and that's simply because it is all kinds of awesome. This transforms my hair - making it far softer and sleeker and just generally giving it a much healthier feel and appearance. if you haven't already tried this stuff - go out and do so, now.
 
COLAB Sheer and Invisible 'London' Dry Shampoo - Finally on the hair front is another can of my favourite dry shampoo that I've completely used to its very last drop. I do love me some Batiste for if my hair is super icky-feeling and only the heavy duty stuff will do, but on a general 'only need a little dry shampoo here and there' basis - Colab is my top pick - and this 'London' scent is the one that I always find myself coming back to whenever I need to buy a new can. It's not too specific in terms of its scent, it just makes my hair smell really nice and works super well at making it feel all freshly washed again (even if it kinda isn't)...

Maybelline The Falsies Push Up Drama Mascara - Last but certainly by no means least - makeup. You would already know if you read my last 'Disappointing Product' post that I am not a fan of this stuff. I picked it up, hopeful that it would follow the lead of the original 'The Falsies' - which I love - and be equally amazing, but it really wasn't. I won't bore you again with all the details as to why I don't get along with this - if you do want to know more, go and have a read of that post - but let's just say I will not be picking it up again. I tried to find some way of utilising this tube instead of just immediately throwing it away so as to not feel as wasteful, but I just cannot make it work, so unfortunately while this may not be fully empty - it's gotta go in the beauty bin.
 
Soap and Glory Archery 2-in-1 Brow Filling Pencil and Brush in 'Hot Chocolate' - I never actually thought I'd ever be putting a brow product in a post of this style for some reason, I guess I just kinda assumed I'd want to switch things up from time to time but I definitely struck gold with this and haven't really looked back since. I love using this after going in with my lighter, slightly chunkier L'Oreal pencil just as a second step to add a tad more definition and darken up the arch and tail with it's smaller nib and deeper chocolate brown hue and it works a treat. This has actually lasted me pretty well considering I used it on a near-daily basis (which you can probably guess from the whole writing rubbing off thang) and I'm already working my way through its replacement. Love, love, LOVE.
 
Collection Illuminating Touch Foundation - And concluding this Empties is a foundation (another product that for some reason I'm always surprised to see crop up in a post like this). To be honest, I shouldn't really be shocked as just like the above - I reached for this pretty much everyday when working my way through it and loved it, a lot. It's a nice, lightweight coverage which can be worn sheer or built up; gives a gorgeous 'lit from within' glow to the skin; lasts all day long and it's under a fiver. Seriously, what more could you really want? I've not made a repurchase just yet, but I've got a feeling it's bound to happen at some point...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS