navigation

Monday 4 July 2016

Rimmel #InstaFlawless Tinted Primer - Maybe I Was Wrong?


You may remember back in this post, I tried a whole lotta new makeup products out for the first time and gave you lovely lot my first impressions along the way. Some I loved, some - not so much - and at the time, the Rimmel #InstaFlawless Tinted Primer was certainly one of them. I loved the consistency and effect, though the colour was far too dark and orangey for my pale complexion (despite it being in the 'Fair/Medium' shade) - letting it down and making it, for me, unusable. I tried to persevere with it - trying different methods of application, using less to try and attempt to dilute the 'Oompa Loompa' look it gave me - but with no such luck.

However, for some reason for another, the other day I got it out again. At this point, it had been a long, long time since I first gave it a go and concluded it wasn't for me, but some kind of min-revelation came over me and urged me to whip it out and give it once last try...

I had the idea to mix a blob of the #InstaFlawless with an equal-ish sized blob of my current moisturiser (Simple's Protecting Light Moisturiser, FYI). It was the only other way I could think of somehow making the shade a tad more akin to that of my natural, porcelain hue. And I'm pleased to say - it worked an absolute treat. The finished result was exactly what I was hoping for - when combined, the moisturiser just did the trick of diminishing the #You'veBeenTangoed effect to a much more palatable, honey tint which added some colour to my face, but in a much more natural way that simply livened up my complexion. As I said earlier, the formulation of the #InstaFlawless I was always a fan of, so I'm glad I can now fully enjoy that without having to compromise on looking like I'd overdone it on the faux glow. It works as an ideal base for makeup, but the added tint makes it just as awesome as a standalone base - especially now we're fully immersed in the warmer, Summer months. Well, kinda...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS