navigation

Wednesday 6 July 2016

16 New Favourites Of 2016 So Far...


It's the beginning of July (how?!) and so I figured I'd bring back a post format that I tried out around the same time last year. You know how at the end of the year I like to do one big ramble about all my beauty favourites from the past twelve months? Well, think of that - but halfway through the year. Today, I'm talking you lovely lot through all my top, new products I've discovered and have been loving in the first half of 2016. Let's get started, eh?

Collection Primed and Ready Reviving and Anti-Fatigue Illuminating Primer in 'Cool Rose' - Let's start from the very beginning, eh? A very good place to start, I know. If you've been reading round these parts for a while, you may know that when it comes to drugstore primers - personally, Rimmel is where it's at. However, these past few months I've been all kinds of obsessed over this one from Collection. Both shades of this I am equally in love with, but I think if I had to choose - this paler, more cool-toned one would be my favourite, favourite. The texture feels more akin to a moisturiser than a typical, silicone-y primer and so feels very hydrating on the skin and (just as the name suggests) leaves behind a beautiful, radiant finish. Thankfully, there's no actual glitter or shimmer in the formula - just a pretty, 'lit from within' kinda glow - and I find it to really aid the application and wear-time of my makeup too. FULL REVIEW HERE.

Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer in '010 Ivory' - I have also been rather enjoying this concealer since I discovered it a few months back. Having heard many people rave about it (namely, the lovely Alix from 'ICovetThee') I finally bit the bullet and am very glad I did so. The coverage it gives reminds me a lot of my beloved Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, but the consistency is a tad lighter and far more moisturising - making it a great one for using under the eyes. It's really easy to blend out and doesn't ever look heavy or cakey on the skin and the brush-on set up makes for a really quick application. FULL REVIEW HERE.

NYX Dark Circle Concealer in 'Fair' - Another concealer I've been loving - this time for the under-eye area only - is this one from NYX. I've at last got on the whole brand bandwagon and given some of their bits 'n' bobs a go and this has certainly been one of my favourites of everything I've hauled. The peachy-pink, almost salmon tone works at cancelling out the blue/purple hues under my eyes perfectly and it's got good coverage, whilst not being too thick in consistency. Once again, it blends easily, lasts all day long and never creases or cakes up under my eyes. Can you sense a common theme in the types of concealers I like? FULL REVIEW HERE.

L'Oréal Brow Artist Plumper in 'Medium/Dark' - Moving swiftly onto eyes and specifically - eyebrows. I've sampled a few brow gels in the past, but have never really found 'The One' before. I knew that of the all, Benefit's Gimme Brow seems to be the overriding favourite and so a while back, I figured I'd pick up the closest alternative from the drugstore - this one from L'Oréal. On paper, they do the same kinda thing - set the brows into place, whilst adding a tint to help fill them in and a fibre-packed formula to add extra volume. Obviously, I haven't tried Benefit's version, but I really don't think I'll be needing to when L'Oréal's is so darn amazing. FULL REVIEW HERE.

Rimmel Magnif'eyes Mono Eyeshadow in 'Millionaire' - Surprisingly, this post doesn't include any eyeshadow palettes whatsoever. I know - who am I? There have been some which I've enjoyed, but in all honesty it's the single shadows which have been really floating my boat these past six months. This one in particular from Rimmel has been a standout and simply for the reason that it's quick, easy and simple. A light bronze with the tiniest hint of shimmer running through it - a perfect choice for those days when you want to keep your eye makeup super low-key or simply have no clue what to put on in the first place. Wash this all-over with a fluffy brush, blend out - done. FULL REVIEW HERE.

Rimmel Scandaleyes Shadow Stick by Kate Moss in 'Rose Gold' - Speaking of all-over lid looks, when I haven't been reaching for the above (and fancy something a little more 'out-there' and different), this has been my weapon of choice. I love everything about this little beauty. I love the fact it's a cream shadow in stick format - but it's still super-creamy and easy to blend. I love that you can scribble it on, take a finger or brush to it and you're good to go. I love how rich and pigmented it is. I love the warm, copper-toned hue which is a little 'out-there' but still very wearable. I. Just. Love. It. So. Darn. Much. FULL REVIEW HERE.

L'Oréal Telescopic Mascara - Another product which I've been loving for the first half of 2016 is a new mascara, once again from good 'ole L'Oréal. You wouldn't think so by the thin, nothing-y brush - but this does amazing things to my lashes. It's a great one for adding a tonne of length (like, seriously, my lashes look probably the longest they ever have using this), whilst still dispersing a decent amount of volume, lift and separation at the same time. It also doesn't claim to be waterproof, but it lasts all day on me without any flaking or smudging all over my face. It's a good all-rounder if I'm honest, but especially if you're after a mascara which gives a shedload of length - this may just be the one for you. FULL REVIEW HERE.

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in 'Stockholm' - Rounding up the 'Makeup' category of this post is, of course, lips. I had a real struggle trying to decipher just what I wanted to include here as my favourite, favourite lip products that I've discovered in the past six months. It was hard. Eventually, I came up with two - the first being a liquid lipstick (kind of). Unless you've been living under a rock for however long, you'll most likely know of the major hype that's been surrounding liquid lipsticks. I had a few I could have chose - but in the end, I plumped for this one by NYX. There's quite the debate over whether these are actually 'proper' liquid lipsticks, but in my opinion - whether they are, or not  they're awesome. They go on wet and dry down to a matte finish that's not at all drying or uncomfortable (a pleasant surprise for a liquid lipstick formula). Sure, they may not last as long as some of their competition, but they do pretty well and can be easily layered and topped-up if need be. FULL REVIEW HERE.

MAC Lipstick in 'Patisserie' - In terms of the more 'traditional' lipstick set-up, I have also been all kinds of obsessed with this lippie from MAC. A couple of months back, I finally made my first-ever trip to my local store and picked up some items. Of everything I hauled, this has been the standout so far and is fast becoming one of my top nude lipsticks. This is one of the 'Crème Sheen' formula and so feels super-moisturising on the lips and has a glossy finish. It's the perfect pinky-brown, beige-toned nude and has a slightly sheer consistency, making it the ideal MLBB-type hue. Once again, something which is quick and easy to throw on when you have no idea what to apply or just want something on your lips. A complete contrast to the above - but both lip products that I love, only for different reasons... FULL REVIEW HERE.

Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge - Onto tools and I think this one was always gonna make the cut for this post. I finally took the plunge around the start of this year and gave the whole concept of a makeup sponge a go for the first time. I went for the drugstore alternative (of course) and so far, I am loving it. Used wet, this is now my favourite method of applying my foundation (providing I have the time) and it's also brilliant at blending in concealer too. Those are the two main ways I like to utilise it, but it also comes in real handy for working with any form of cream products in general - bronzers, blushers, highlighters - you name it. Honestly, it's kind of got to the point where I can't remember how I ever applied my makeup without it. FULL REVIEW HERE.

Ardell Demi Wispies False Lashes - I've been getting more and more into false lashes as the year progresses, trying all different types and styles and I think I've come across my favourite. These ones by Ardell are by far my most-used and well-loved and that's simply because they are all kinds of amazing. I know a heck of a lot of people rave about these lashes, and for good reason. They're full-on, but without ever looking too OTT and they still feel fairly lightweight and comfortable to wear. They give amazing length and curl and the winged-out design creates a gorgeous feline effect that's perfect to pair with a cat flick. Love, love, LOVE. FULL REVIEW HERE.

L'Oréal Color Riche A L'Huile Nail Polish in 'Cherie Macaron' - As for nails, this was where it got particular tricky for me to chose a favourite. I've had loads of nail polishes these past few months which I've loved and would happily put in this post - but I only really wanted to include one. After much deliberation, I went for this little beauty by L'Oréal. This is the most gorgeous bright, pinky-coral. There's a bit of red in it, a touch of orange and all together it just creates a beautiful shade for the warmer (kinda) months. I find this to be a super-flattering hue to wear, as it makes my pasty hands look a touch more healthy and tanned and is really eye-catching. The formulation of this nail polish rnage is super rich and opaque and practically glides onto the nails, drying in no time at all and really standing the test of time. SEE MY 'POLISH PICK' FEATURING THIS NAIL POLISH HERE.

OGX Renewing Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner - Haircare-wise, I've been loyal to one range these past few months in terms of shampoo and conditioner. If you've read here before, you may well know of the love that I've got for OGX. I discovered the brand sometime last year and ever since, it's been my go-to for when I've needed a new shampoo and conditioner duo. Last year it was the Coconut Water range which I was obsessed with, and now I feel it's the turn of the Argan Oil. This collection smells lovely and works really, really well. After using these two, my hair feels thoroughly cleansed and hydrated at the same time. Even if I use the shampoo alone, my hair remains soft and supple, but the addition of the conditioner takes that to an even further extent. Having dry and damaged tresses, I primarily look for nourishment in my haircare and this range does exactly that. FULL REVIEW HERE.

Tangle Teezer Compact Styler - Another tool which I've finally got behind these past six months is the Tangle Teezer. I know, I know - I'm rather late on this one - but thanks to the lovely Amy ('AmyFarquhar' on the Blog and YouTube thang), I have now had the opportunity to and all in all - I can see the reason behind the hype. This quite literally glides through my hair, removing any tangles, both wet and dry. As the name suggests, it's super compact and so is easily stored and - wait for it - great for travelling! I find it to feel far less damaging than other hairbrushes I've used and if that wasn't enough - it's pink. What more could you want? FULL REVIEW HERE.

Garnier SkinActive Oil-Infused Micellar Cleansing Water - Last, but certainly by no means least - Skincare. For the face, I have a new favourite method of removing my makeup. In all honesty, it's nearly identical to my previous method - Garnier's Micellar Water - though a slightly different version. This one combines my favourite Micellar Water with an oil layer which sits on top. Shake it up and use as you normally would do a cleansing water and I find this to be even more effective than the original. Bold claim, I know. The addition of the oil makes removing makeup even easier - especially waterproof formulas - and having a drier complexion, it also feels super-hydrating on my skin. Personally, it kinda feels like a perfect two-in-one. Diminishes makeup, whilst nourishing at the same time? Sold. FULL REVIEW HERE.

Zoella Beauty Sweet Inspirations 'Double Crème' Body Cream - For the final product featuring in this post, I plumped for a bodycare item which I only discovered last month, but has been my go-to ever since. I sampled a few items from the latest Zoella Beauty collection (Sweet Inspirations) during June and of the all, the body cream is my top pick. The scent is divine - sweet, but not sickly - and the formula is neither too thin, nor too thick. Using only a small amount (that's literally all you need), this sinks into the skin super quickly and leaves my limbs feeling all soft and silky. There's no greasiness or sticky feeling afterwards and the effect (and scent) really hangs around for a good while. Mmmhmmm. FULL REVIEW HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS