navigation

Friday 8 July 2016

Keep Calm And Do Some Colouring...


Yes, really. I think it was sometime last year when adult colouring books were a huge 'thing' and everyone was going wild for them. I heard a few people talk about them on various occasions and every time, I thought to myself that perhaps it was something I could get myself into and would enjoy. I used to love colouring as a child and looking back, is probably one of the things I miss the most about my younger years.

For some reason or another, I never got round to getting my colouring pencils out and the whole idea kinda fell by the wayside for other things. A few weeks ago, however, the concept sprung into the forefront of my mind again and I decided that this time - I was just gonna do it. I'd heard many citing them as the latest way to tackle stress and anxiety and just a general way of keeping yourself calm and relaxed. Being someone who suffers with anxiety and can feel stressed out a lot of the time, this sounded even more so up my street. I wasn't sure if I'd perhaps missed the hype train and wouldn't be able to get my hands on what I needed, but I luckily managed to find a whole section wholly dedicated to adult colouring in a shop in my town. Let just say - I left armed with a colouring book in one hand and a set of pencils in the other.

It wasn't long after I got home that I cracked everything open and got started with one of the many designs in the book I plumped for. And you know what? I genuinely feel like the whole 'adult colouring' thing really lived up to all the hype everyone gives it. It was a lovely way of filling any spare time I do have, which I don't have any other plans for. Great for concentration and switching off from the digital world which at some times can feel a tad overpowering and difficult to escape from. A lot of the time, my anxiety stems from overthinking, and I found taking some time to so some colouring in the peace and quiet really helps detach my mind from those thoughts and focus my attention solely on keeping within the lines. So important.

Seriously though, if you are one of the very few people who haven't given adult colouring a go yet - maybe just do it. Whether it be for relaxation, de-stressing or just general enjoyment - I'd highly recommend it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS