navigation

Monday 11 July 2016

Top 5 Nude Lip Liners



Remember this post I did back in #EveryDayMay where I talked you lovely lot through a selection (five, to be specific) of my top nude lipsticks and attempted to somehow distinguish between the all? Yeah, that's the one. Following on from that, I figured today it might be a good idea to do a similar style of post - this time, featuring five of my favourite lip liners - once again, all in a variety of neutral hues. Some may call these the 'partners in crime' to the lippies I featured in the aforementioned post, as they're typically the ones I go for when needing something to outline, fill in or overdraw my out with beforehand. Ready? Let's get straight into it...

L'OREAL LES LIP LINER COUTURE BY COLOUR RICHE IN 'BEIGE A NU' - The most true in colour to a 'proper' nude, this works perfectly as a base for basically every nude lipstick out there, or even worn alone all-over the lips for a classic, long-wearing look. I used to be a huge fan of a another lip liner from L'OrĂ©al until they sadly discontinued it and I came across this one which seemed to be its nearest replacement. Of them all, this is the closest to my natural lip colour, so works the best at both adding subtle definition or overlining my lips as it's the one which appears most undetectable once applied. With a creamy formula which glides on, yet still does the job at keeping my lipstick in place - this is a winner in my books.

PRIMARK BEAUTY LIP LINER PENCIL IN 'NUDE' - Second to the above, this is again a pretty close match to the natural hue of my lips, though with a slightly peachier tone. This liner has more of an orangey base and it's quite rare to find nude lip liners that don't fall under the pink, beige or mauve spectrums so I'm pretty chuffed to have this in my stash. It's perfect to pair terracotta-tinged neutrals and equally ideal for warming up any nude lip with a slightly more cool-toned base. If that wasn't enough, it's a complete steal at only £1! Considering the super-budget price, it's still just as good in terms of formula, pigmentation and lasting power so you really cannot go wrong...

RIMMEL EXAGGERATE LIP LINER IN 'EAST END SNOB' - Onto a brand and range in which I have to thank for two inclusions in this post. Can you tell I love them? These retractable liners are a great offering from the drugstore - and the nude-based shades are probably my favourite of the bunch. This one I'm sure you'll have heard about as it seems to be a bit of a cult classic amongst the online beauty community. Moving onto the rosier side of nude lip liners, this one fits perfectly into that department. I guess it's best described as a kind of dusky, mid-toned pink which is actually rather wearable and pulls far more neutral once applied to the lips. The formula's super creamy (probably the most so of them all), but still fails to compromise on fulfilling the long-wearing, smudge-proof advantages you expect a lip liner to provide...

RIMMEL EXAGGERATE LIP LINER IN 'ADDICTION' - ...Bringing me nicely on to the second and final hue from the range which has won itself a spot in this post. If you like your nude lips to be more mauve-y - this one may just be for you. It's got that whole 'Kylie Jenner', 90's lip-type thing going on, yet a perhaps more parred-down, daytime version that's perfect for anyone who fancies getting on that bandwagon, but doesn't want to jump straight into the deep end. Given the cooler tone, this is also a great one for adding more shape and definition to your lips and giving them a natural contour so that they appear much fuller. Mwah!

MAC LIP LINER IN 'SOAR' - Last, but certainly not least, we're sticking with the mauve tones and rounding things up with the deepest inclusion for this post. And I guess I just had to give a shout-out to this one, eh? Of them all, I'd put a bet on this being the most well-known and loved as there was a time when everyone and their Nan was going cray cray for this lip liner. Once again, it's all attributed to the 'Kylie Effect' and having finally gotten on the bandwagon a couple of months ago - I can see why. This has a similar tone of the Rimmel one above, but takes it to the next level. It's a darker nude-tone, but still with that pinky, mauve hue that just looks gorgeous on the lips. Yes, it may not be the most 'nude' nude lip liner out there in the most literal sense of the word, but it is still pretty neutral and is a great option for the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS