navigation

Wednesday 13 July 2016

Empties #13


It's Empties time again! Wanna have a snoop round my beauty bin and see what new products I've used completely up recently? Well, you're at the right place. If you're new round here and haven't seen one of these round-up's before, I'll link all the ones I've done before here but I'm sure all you regular peeps know the deal by now. Let's just jump right on in, shall we?

Superdrug Hydrate and Shine Conditioning Masque with Coconut Water - This little beauty came as part of a trio of products I was lucky enough to win as part of a giveaway Superdrug ran on their Instagram and now, the final one has bit the dust. The shampoo and conditioner made their way to the beauty bin ages ago, but this leave-in conditioner took me longer to get through as I used it more as an occasional 'treat' item to give my tresses a bit of extra TLC. Like the rest of the range, adore the Pina Colada-style scent and I genuinely saw a difference in my hair after using this. The consistency is runnier than other deep conditioning products I've sampled before (you do have to be careful to ensure it actually goes on your hair and not down the plughole) but given a good ten minutes to work its magic - my hair feels and looks so much more supple, shiny and healthier. And it's quite a bargain too!

Aussie Miracle Recharge Hair Insurance Leave-In Conditioner - Talking of conditioners, this time I've got a leave-in version that I've used up to its very last drop. As some of you may know, I am a big, big fan of Aussie haircare. Their 3 Minute Miracle deep conditioner has been a permanent member of my stash for years now and I think will forever have a place there - it's that good. As for this product, I've had this bottle for what feels like a lifetime as while I do love it, I don't use it regularly so it's taken me longer to finish it up. Typically, I use a shampoo and follow up with conditioner but if I don't - I reach for something like this. It does the same job of keeping my hair in tip-top condition and also makes brushing through my hair before blow-drying it so much easier.

Zoella Beauty 'Fresh Fizz' Fragranced Bath Fizzer - Moving on all things bodycare and this isn't so much an empty product, but it's packaging as that is pretty much all I've got left of this. Out of the whole Zoella Beauty range, the Fizz Bars are probably one of my favourite products (whatever the variation). Basically, it's like a bath bomb, but shaped like a chocolate bar. Break off a few pieces into your bath water and voila - a nicely scented, silky bath. This one has the same fruity, fresh fragrance of the whole 'Tutti Fruity' collection and I think it may be unavailable now - but if you can get your hands on one, I'd highly recommend it!

Soap and Glory Sugar Crush Body Scrub - Another item I'd highly suggest getting your hands on is this body scrub. If you're a regular round these parts, you'll probably know of my love for the whole Sugar Crush range from Soap and Glory. The fruity, but sweet scent is just all kind of delicious and this scrub is no exception. If it smelling good enough to eat wasn't enough - the actual formulation of the product is pretty darn spot-on. It gives a proper good scrub and leave my skin feeling silky-soft, though doesn't at all feel harsh or stripping in any way.

Simple Kind To Skin Micellar Water  - Skincare-wise, I have one item to show you lovely lot. Last time round it was my Garnier Oil-Infused Micellar Water which bit the beauty dust and this month is the turn of Simple's. This is just a standard, plain cleansing water and while I still maintain that Garnier is my favourite brand when it comes to micellar water, this wasn't too bad. It did the job, removed my makeup easily and effectively and didn't make my skin flare up or dry out so I can't really fault it on those fronts, but I did find it to make my eyes sting a tad. It's ok, but I think I'll be sticking to my beloved Garnier from now on.

Soap and Glory Supercat Liner - Last, but certainly not least we have a makeup item - cause it just wouldn't be an Empties post without one, would it? Nowadays, when I want to do a feline flick, this is the liquid liner I employ. Always. Its felt tip set-up makes it super quick and easy to get that wing 'on point' (or at least as on point as it can be), the formula is pitch black and opaque and I never find it to smudge at all throughout the day. All in all - it's a winner...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS