navigation

Monday 1 August 2016

Why Everyone Needs A Fan Brush In Their Collection...


It's not often that I deem something, especially when its concerning beauty, as something you 'need'. While us beauty fanatics (myself included) may sometimes use it to justify our purchases, realistically, makeup is not a proper necessity and so I wouldn't feel right about using that phrasing. Not only that, but makeup is also a very personal thing and everyone has their own preferences and style; so everything is not gonna immediately appeal to everyone. But, if there is one department which I think, at times, can be an exception to that 'rule' - it's makeup brushes. I really believe that the key to cracking the code when it comes to applying makeup is in the right tools and there are certain ones which I feel like are staples in any brush pot. My most recent find in terms of that accolade? A fan brush. Let me tell you why...

I have to admit that I did not have a fan brush in my collection until just over a year ago and up until that point, I didn't feel I really needed one that much. However, once I picked up the Real Techniques Sculpting Set, which included a Fan Brush, I got to work at trying to decipher just how I could slot it into my stash - and I quickly realised what I was missing out on. Of course, this type of brush is awesome at applying powder highlighter. Like, it's probably the best tool you can use. It's shape just means you get the perfect amount of product on your brush, and you can really get right in there in all the usual suspects in terms of highlighter application. Whether it's on the tops of the cheekbones, down the bridge of the nose, cupids bow, brow bone - you get the gist - this is your guy.

To be honest, this brush is great for any application or blending of powder products. It'll give a very light, soft finish and if you're having a hard time bending things out and diffusing any harsh edges - a fan brush will do that for you. Lastly (but probably the most unique feature), a fan brush comes in real handy as a kind of makeup 'eraser'. Eyeshadow fall-down? Just sweep this under your eyes to instantly brush it all away and give your makeup that flawless finish once more.

Are you convinced yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS