navigation

Sunday 4 December 2016

The Dainty Ditsy Beauty Gift Guide #DitsyDecember


I love reading and watching Gift Guides around this time of year (or even beforehand). They're festive, fun and actually rather helpful for if you're in need of some inspiration for what to buy your loved ones this Christmas. I have never personally done one myself before, but as part of this years #DitsyDecember I figured I'd finally buck that trend and throw my two cense into the subject. I'm only doing one, but having gone through a whole host of online stores I feel like I've got a good bunch here and I'm keeping it Beauty-based as I feel that's kinda where my 'knowledge' lies. It's short, but sweet and I hope you enjoy...

For the makeup lover... Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette (£38.50). Everyone goes cray cray whenever a new Urban Decay eyeshadow palette gets released and this newest addition to the range is no exception. Encased in beautiful metallic rose gold packaging, this contains twelve equally-stunning shades - all in a matte formula. While shimmery shades are very pretty indeed, glitter-free formulas sure do come in handy when you fancy a more subtle look or for adding definition and depth into the outer corner and crease. All of the colours are gorgeous and cover basically every shade you'd need for a neutral-toned look and while I'm yet to try any of Urban Decay's eyeshadow offerings, I've heard so many rave reviews that I'm pretty confident that any of them would live up to the massive hype...

For someone who needs a little chill-time... thisWorks Pillow Talk and Stress Less Duo (£22.00 at Feel Unique). Everyone deserves a chance to relax and de-stress every once in a while and if there's one time of year when that sentiment is even more important - it's Christmas. During the festive period, things can get pretty intense and so I can't think of a better gift idea for someone than something like this duo from thisWorks. I've personally never sampled anything from the brand, but oh my have I heard great things about their aromatherapy offerings. Whether it be a placebo effect or not, the rave reviews have to mean something and so if you know of someone who could do with a good chill-out sesh - you know what to do...

For someone who's a sucker for skincare... First Aid Beauty 'Peace, Joy and Fab' Gift Set (£44.00 on Feel Unique). I really like First Aid Beauty as a brand overall - their Facial Radiance Pads are awesome and I've heard many other good things about a lot of the other products in their range too. Inside this set, alongside the aforementioned acid exfoliating pads, you get a whole other selection of items - once again - basically enough to constitute an entire skincare routine. And you know what? I'm pretty sure they'll be just as amazing, so if you've got a skincare-lover in mind - perhaps check this little set out!

For the brush-a-holic (a.k.a myself)... Real Techniques Mega Set (£40.00 at Boots) or Bold Metals Spotlight Essentials (£40.00 at Boots). As I always say, if you've been reading round here for some time now, you'll already know that Real Techniques are my favourite when it comes to brushes, sponges and just makeup-related tools in general. So, every single year when they bring out their festive offerings - it's always something to get excited about. With each year they seem to be getting bigger and better and both the 'normal' and 'premium' ranges have some great sets on show. The former, 'Mega Set', contains of a whole host of different brushes and sponges from their 'Original' line to cater for basically everything you need when dong a full face of makeup; whereas the 'Spotlight Essentials' is comprised of only three brushes, but with the same 'across the board' premise. There's one for the base, one for finishing and also for the eyes and while there may not be as greater quantity, you certainly get great quality here. And considering the amazing standard of the regular range, that's saying something...

For the nail polish hoarder... Barry M Nail Paint Box (£50.00 at Boots). Another brand which you will have fo' sho' heard me rave about round these parts in the past is Barry M. I love their nail polishes - whether it be their 'standard' nail paints or their nail effects (e.g. glitters) - and so this set just called out to me instantly as something I needed to include in this post. Inside you get a huge array of shades - and all in a variety of different finishes too. For a nail polish obsessive (or even a Barry M obsessive, like me) - this set makes for a great gift to further expand their collection and possibly try out something new in terms of colour or finish aswell.

For the beauty beginner... 'FACE' By Pixiwoo (currently £9.99 on Amazon). Moving onto something a little more 'beauty-based in the theoretical sense as opposed to the literal - this book is awesome. If you're yet to know of the Pixiwoo sisters (a.k.a. Sam and Nic Chapman) - if so, where have you been? - they are amazing makeup artists, content creators and the makers behind the brilliant Real Techniques brushes and now they've turned their hand to this equally-brilliant book. This  contains basically everything you would ever need to know about the world of makeup and beauty a- from lipstick to lashes, eyeliner to eyebrows - and is so detailed and in-depth, yet still super-interesting and easy to follow at the same time. It would of course be great for someone who's already a beauty enthusiast or simply a big fan of the Pixiwoo gals themselves, but if you've got someone who wants to get into the whole thang - this would make a great starting point.

For someone who loves their smellies... Soap and Glory 'The Whole Glam Lot' (£60.00 at Boots - I think it may be due to go half price soon though). I mean, c'mon - who wouldn't want this sitting underneath the tree for them come Christmas Day? Every year Soap and Glory go all out with their gifting offerings and I can't be the only one who looks forward to seeing what their largest, most extravagant one will be. And I have to admit that once again, they haven't failed to deliver. As always, this set I comprised of a whole host of full-sized S&G goodies - from the bath and body to skincare to a little bit of makeup goodness too. Plus, you get a pretty carrier that you either can use as storage or to travel with afterwards!

For a little stocking filler... Sleek 'Say The Word' Mini Matte Me Collection (£5.00 at Boots). If you're in the mood to gift just a little something to a loved one - especially someone who's into the whole liquid lipstick thang - perhaps check out this cute set from Sleek. I am yet to try any of their Matte Me Liquid Lipsticks, but I've certainly heard many a good thing and so I'm confident in recommending this line-up to you lovely lot. Inside you get four miniature versions of the Matte Me's in basically every shade you could wish for - from nudes, to plums to reds. It's a great opportunity for someone try out the formula if they haven't already, or maybe just discover a new favourite shade (or two). It keeps going in and out of stock right now on Boots.com, but if you can get your hands on it - do it.

For someone who's into their haircare (and possibly rather partial to a bit of rose gold too)... GHD Air Copper Luxe Gift Set (£99.00 on the GHD website). GHD are a brand which is always deemed as 'The One' when it comes to hair electricals and I think their newest collection has to be the most lust-worthy one yet. It's all fully adorned in copper/rose gold and is from what I can gather - has made everyone go all heart-eyed emoji (myself included). So, perhaps if you're looking at spending that little bit more on your loved one and they're a rose gold lover - and maybe could do with a new hairdryer (which, let's be honest - is the case for everyone sometimes) - this could just be the ideal option.

For someone who loves a good fragrance... Marc Jacobs 'Daisy' Eau de Toilette (currently £35.00 for 50ml at Boots). Obviously, when it comes to gifting - perfume isn't really the easiest option out there. People have their own personal preferences when it comes to scents they like and don't like and so it may seem better to avoid it altogether - but, I think I have a solution. I love this fragrance from Marc Jacobs - as you most likely will know if you've read round these parts for some time now - and when I think about it, I feel like it's that kind of scent which would probably appeal to the majority of people too. It's very 'classic' and is neither florally, musky, sweet or anything that may be a little overpowering. It just smells gorgeous and if that wasn't enough - comes in equally-gorgeous, luxe packaging too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS