navigation

Friday 30 December 2016

The Many Uses Of Makeup Setting Spray... #DitsyDecember


I can't believe that back in the day of wearing makeup, I didn't even know what a setting spray way - let alone use one. How it even stuck around at all is beyond me. Nowadays, that's a completely different story and I rarely apply my makeup without spritzing some over my complexion at the very end. And not only that, but I actually utilise it in a whole host of other ways too. So, with New Year's Eve being right on the horizon, what better time to give you lovely loot the lowdown? Let's jump right on into it...

AS AN ACTUAL SETTING SPRAY (OF COURSE) - Now this is the obvious one. Used as the final, finishing step; I always find a good spray does wonders for making my makeup last all day long.

...OR TO PREP YOUR SKIN BEFOREHAND - Aswell as an amazing makeup fixer, I also find a setting spray to make for a great primer too. Used in exactly the same way - just before you put your makeup on as opposed to afterwards - and it's like liquid glue for your makeup! Also, having skin that's on the drier side of things, I also find that it helps add an extra dose of moisture into my complexion and keep my skin well-hydrated too.

AS A LOOSE EYESHADOW/PIGMENT ADHESIVE - I don't work that often with loose eyeshadows or pigments, but when/if I do - it's a setting spray I turn to as a means of getting them from the pot, onto my actual face. A quick spritz of the brush acts as a nice adhesive so the product will stick to the brush itself and also stick to my eyelids too.

TO INTENSIFY PIGMENTATION OF A PRODUCT - If you've got an eyeshadow that just doesn't have that level of pigmentation that you want, or simply want to make it even more so than usual? Give your brush a dose of setting spray beforehand and hey presto - you have a shadow with instantly more 'oomph' to it.

AS A MIXING MEDIUM - Got a powder you want to turn into a cream or liquid? Simply mix it with some makeup setting spray and there you have it. You can instantly change textures, colours, formulas and finishes and all with just a couple of spritzes of your trusty makeup setting spray.

FOR FIXING MAKEUP MISHAPS - Sometimes, when you've finished your makeup, you may be less happy with it than you'd hope for. Perhaps you've applied a little too much powder, or it's simply not sitting right; or your highlighter just ain't poppin' enough for your liking. Take your setting spray and add a final sprit and you'd be amazed at how it makes your over-powdered face look all fresh again and your glow look even more glowy than before. Setting spray always seems to 'mesh' your makeup together and unify everything and fix any mistakes you might have made along the way - and who doesn't want that, eh?

TO DAMPEN YOUR MAKEUP SPONGE/BEAUTY BLENDER - Normally a little run under cold water is a good enough way to slightly dampen your makeup sponge of choice, but if for whatever reason you're not nearby a sink (or simply cba) give it a quick spritz with your makeup setting spray instead and it basically does the exact same thing. It's quick, convenient and I also find that when I do this as opposed to using regular water, the longevity of my makeup is just that little bit better. Maybe it's just me, but its certainly something to bear in mind...

TO REFRESH YOUR SKIN THROUGHOUT THE DAY - And finally, we have this little tip that I always go back to. If I'm wearing my makeup for the full day and need it to last from morning to night, sometimes I find a little spray of my trusty Urban Decay All Nighter to do wonders at just giving things a nice refresh and also prolonging the wear-time even further to ensure it lasts the distance. If things are looking a little worn, dry, or maybe even a tad cakey - this will save the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS