navigation

Friday 31 March 2017

March: The Lust List


SURPRISE! Welcome to 'The Lust List' - the little extra addition to my regular 'The Love List' end-of-the-month segment. That little series makes an appearance every single month (March's edition, my last post, can be found here), where I showcase to you lovely lot everything I've been loving throughout the past four weeks or so, but every three months this year I'm mixing it up and adding something extra to the equation - this post right here. Prior to 'The Love List' that I kicked off this year, you may remember how I used to do my 'Loves and Lusts' at the end of the month instead - where I not only told of all of my favourites, but also all of the products that I was listing after for that month too. And while I was more than happy to switch things up for 2017 and change the series to what it has become now, I still kinda miss running through everything I've gone all heart-eyed emoji over and so every so often (every quarter of this year in fact), I'm gonna do exactly that. Let's kick off the first for 2017...

REAL TECHNIQUES MULTI TECH COLLECTION - I mean, obviously I have been lusting after this new range from my favourite brush brand, Real Techniques. It's me, after all. Available exclusively in Superdrug this time round (much like how the Bold Metals Collection is for Boots) I am super keen to give it a go. It's different to anything I've seen before brush-wise and while there are admittedly a couple which I perhaps couldn't see myself picking up, there's a handful which look much more up my street and I'm very much tempted to add to my stash.

STILA MAGNIFICENT METALS LIQUID EYESHADOWS - Now - these have been everywhere recently. Pretty much every single blog post and YouTube video I've come across as of late has somehow featured one or three of these in as of late and the more I've seen and heard, the more I've fallen in love with them. They're liquid eyeshadows that from what I can tell, once applied are basically like straight-up glitter and as applying the sparkly stuff in the usual way can be rather difficult, the convenience of these really appeals to me. Just apply to the lid, blend out the edges slightly and you're done. No glitter glue needed, little to no falldown and still just as super shimmery. I'm already sold.

NEW SHADES NYX LIP LINGERIES - If you're a regular round these parts you'll probably have already heard me ramble on about the Lip Lingeries from NYX. They are one of my favourite, favourite liquid lipstick formulas I've tried - super thin and lightweight, super opaque and a powdery matte finish that locks into place all day long. The whole range is centered around the nude, neutral shades that everyone's into right now and now NYX has come out with twelve new, neutral hues. I've already looked at swatches and it's safe to say I am already all kinds of obsessed and I might just have to add a couple to my collection...

BENEFIT HOOLA LITE - In terms of Bronzers, Benefit's Hoola is a classic that everyone has tried and pretty much everyone loves (myself included), but I have to admit that when I first heard of this new launch coming up super soon, I was pretty darn happy about it. While the original shade is awesome and does work fairly well for my paler skintone, I've always wondered sometimes whether just a slightly lighter version would work even better and Benefit have finally come up with the goods and done exactly that. I know a lot of people have requested something like this for ages too, so hopefully it will only serve to make Hoola even more accessible. What's the betting they'll be releasing a darker version soon too, eh?

COLLECTION NEW LAUNCHES - Collection are fast becoming one of my favourite drugstore brands, constantly coming up with new and exciting additions - the latest being an expansion of their 'Primed and Ready' range. This collection (geddit?) first launched last year with setting powders and primers and I was thoroughly impressed by what they had on offer, so naturally when I saw they were releasing even more items under the same name, I was intrigued. Alongside the new primer which I've already picked up, tried and loved here, there's a lip primer, corrector palette, setting spray and liquid colour correctors that look rather similar in packaging to my holy-grail 'Lasting Perfection' Concealer. Hmmm...

RIMMEL VOLUME SHAKE MASCARA - While I do love a good mascara (who doesn't?) it's no often that a new launch really catches my eye, but this one from Rimmel certainly has. We've all experienced the issue of mascaras drying up halfway through or simply going downhill the more you use them but  with this one you quite literally shake the bottle to refresh the mascara and keep things as good as new again. Sound's great, right? It's a completely new and different concept to anything I've ever seen or used before so I can't help but be a little intrigued by it.

MAC EXTENDED PLAY LASH MASCARA - Another mascara that I've been thinking of adding to my stash is this one from MAC. I've briefly mentioned it before when I was thinking of investing in it and recently I've been considering it once again. I always struggle with my lower lashes smudging or transferring slightly once I lacquer them up with mascara and while I've found ways of getting round the problem, there's one mascara that always gets hyped-up as 'The One' for not falling victim to the issue in the first place. MAC's Extended Play Lash. I'm yet to hear someone say otherwise so maybe it could solve the problem for once and for all, who knows?

L'OREAL COLOUR RICHE ULTI-MATTE TOPCOAT - This is perhaps more of an unusual one as it's not something I've seen anywhere so far other than the Boots website, but I came across it the other day when having a little browse and instantly it made its way onto my 'I Want To Try This' List. Matte lips and matte lip products have been 'in' for ages now and I am well and truly on the bandwagon - with both matte liquid and 'traditional' lipsticks practically all I reach for at the moment. And while it's great when you find a lip colour that's already completely shine-free, other times you come across one which doesn't sit in the 'matte' family. and this is where this item supposedly comes in. Simply take your glossy lip product and apply a layer of this stuff over the top and you have the same colour, but with a matte finish. Magic. Whether it works as well as it sounds remains to be seen - but that's kinda exactly why I'm so eager to try it out for myself...

MARC JACOBS 'DAISY KISS' EDITION EAU DE TOILETTE - Last, but certainly by no means least - a perfume! Marc Jacobs 'Daisy' is one of my favourite fragrances and so I couldn't help but give this new version a sniff when walking past a tester stand the other day. And you know what? Going from that,. I'm a fan. It's definitely different to the classic 'Daisy' - obviously April, seeing as it's a completely different name and packaging design, duh - but it's along the same kinda lines and for that very reason, it got the thumbs up from me. Also, the bottle is probably even more heart-eyed emoji worthy than the original. So. Darn. Pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS