navigation

Friday 24 March 2017

Moment Of Makeup - Pink Halo Eye


So, while today's post is still very in-keeping with the whole beauty, makeup theme of Dainty Ditsy in general, this time round instead of showing of the actual products, I'm showcasing them in action. The other week, I attempted my very first 'halo eye' - where you place darker colour on the inner and outer corner of the lid and connect them through the crease, before placing a much lighter shade in the very centre. I personally love how they look and the whole finished effect but while I'd always wanted to give the technique a go myself before it as only recently I finally plucked up the courage and gave it a go. And why not go all out with a bright, hot pink one, eh? Ideal for a natural, everyday look #SpotTheSarcasm...


The whole reason I ended up creating this look in the first place was I wanted to try out all of my items from the 'New In At The Drugstore' post I did here a week or so ago and had a brainwave realisation when putting the items I'd gathered for my eyes that I could perhaps combine them together to try out the 'halo eye' effect. They were two beauties from the newest launch from NYX - one of their brand new Lid Lingerie Eye Tints in 'Sweet Cloud' and a new addition to their range of 'Prismatic Eyeshadows' - the shade 'Dollface'. With them both sitting somewhere on the rosey colour spectrum (the former being a pretty light, rose gold kinda hue and the latter a bright, hot fuschia pink) I instantly had visions of them teaming up to form this look and I am super happy with how it came to life. It pretty much matched up to how I imagined it to turn out and for a first time go, I'm pretty pleased with myself. I started my priming my lids, as I always do, with my beloved Urban Decay Primer Potion. No matter what I'm doing with my eyes or what I'm using, this is still an essential step for me as my oily eyelids will crease things up no matter what and I also just love how this acts as a nice base too - making things more pigmented, adhesive and long-lasting too. After setting that down with a light layer of Collection's Primed and Ready Invisible Setting Powder, I went in with the Prismatic Eyeshadow in 'Dollface'. Taking a firm, flat brush to really pack on as much colour as possible, I took this on the very inner and outer corners of my eyes, before slightly sweeping the colour into my crease to connect them up. Once the colour had been laid down, I took a fluffier, rounded brush to buff out the edges and ensure there were no harsh lines, using a touch of a light, mid-toned brown (the shade 'Toast' from Tanya Burr's 'Birthday Suit' Eyeshadow Palette is my usual go-to) to do so if any areas were proving a tad difficult to buff out. However, I still kept very much in control over my brush and where I was applying or blending colour out to, to ensure where I placed the product was where the majority of it stayed - keeping the entire middle of my lid completely blank and free of colour, ready for the next step. For that, I went in with the 'Sweet Cloud' Lid Lingerie - a liquid eyeshadow - and using the doe foot applicator, placed a small amount in the very centre of my upper lid. I then gently blended it out with the same technique as I did with the hot pink, to ensure the colour intensity was not lost, but there was no harsh lines at the same time. Once I was happy with how things were looking, I repeated the same steps as I did on the upper lid on the lower lashline - taking the hot pink on the outer and inner corners and then placing some of the rose gold shade in the very centre. To finish things off, I applied a very thin line of liquid liner, with a tiny, almost non-existent wing. I didn't want a full-on cat eye effect as I feel the halo eye effect looks best when left without, but with the warmer tones, I still wanted something to frame my eyes and also add some depth and thickness to the lashline. I then went in with a shedload of mascara (what's new, eh?) before adding a final, finishing touch of the Collection Glam Crystals Dazzling Gel Eyeliner in 'Funk'. This icy gold made for the perfect topper layered over the copper tones of the Lid Lingerie in the middle of the lid and lower lashline, adding that extra touch of light and just general sparkle to the situation. You can never have too much glitter, after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS