navigation

Monday 27 March 2017

The 'Everyday' Lip Colours



I am a massive fan of lip products of all types, formulas, colours - you get the gist - and while I am more than happy to experiment and rock all variations of texture and hue, creamy nudes are what I tend to gravitate towards when I want an easy option for a more natural/minimal look or for when I'm off to work and need something more parred-back. Wanna see some of my top picks? Carry on reading...

MAC LIPSTICK IN 'PATISSERIE' - First up, the most sheer finish of them all and probably the easiest to slap on in a hurry in the morning - this is an ideal mix of pink, beige and brown. It goes onto my lips like a true MLBB-type hue and simply looks like my natural lip colour, just nicer and I love it. The 'Cremesheen' formula makes for a super sheeny (but not too glossy) finish and a really hydrating feel too.

L'OREAL COLOUR RICHE COLLECTION PRIVEE LIPSTICK IN 'J LO'S NUDE' - In terms of finish, this one has the same kind of sheeny, sheerer finish as the above - but the colours are ever-so-slightly different. I'd say the L'Oreal offering has a touch more of a mauve undertone to it as opposed to the rosey hues of MAC's, but it is very slight and to be honest, the main difference between the two are the pricepoints.

RIMMEL LASTING FINISH KATE MOSS LIPSTICK IN 'ROCK 'N' ROLL NUDE' - Now, if you're a regular round these parts you may well be expecting me to put a different shade from Rimmel into this line-up (*cough* '45' *cough*) but actually, lately I've been much more into this colour. I don't know whether it's the pinkier vibe that's been attracting me now we're going into Spring, but this has been a proper go-to as of late. It really uplifts the complexion and perks things up nicely.

TANYA BURR COSMETICS LIPSTICK IN 'PINK COCOA' - Though still a nude, neutral tone, this shade from Tanya's range is probably the 'darkest' of them all. However, once applied onto the lips it's still very much everyday-friendly and I love it. A pinky-brown with slight dash of mauve thrown in there for good measure, this adds just the right amount of 'colour' to my lips - with its deeper hue and full-on pigmentation - while still keeping things very parred-back at the same time.

MAYBELLINE COLOUR DRAMA LIP PAINT IN 'STRIPPED DOWN' - The final inclusion for this rundown-style post and the first and only one which doesn't fall under the traditional 'lipstick' category. This instead comes housed in a little squeezy tube with a sponge applicator that you use to put the product on and it's actually rather convenient. It's kind of like the perfect hybrid between a 'lipstick' and a 'gloss' - almost like a 'lacquer' - and so has the pigmentation of a lippie, bit the slight glossiness of a lipgloss. It's not super-duper sheeny (thank goodness) but it has got that moisturising texture to it that makes is easy to apply and equally so to wear. This is definitely the most straight-up brown of them all, but I really rather like it for when I fancy going for a something more caramel. Mmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS