navigation

Wednesday 15 March 2017

Polish Pick: Pretty In Pink


Spring is *hopefully* just around the corner and so with that in mind, what better time to start bringing back the pink tones on the ol' nails, eh? I mean, they never really properly left, but I always seem to gravitate towards them even more so once the weather starts warming upSo with that in mind, when I most recently lacquered up my nails, I of course had to feature some rosey tones in there somewhere - but with a little bit of a twist...

I started off by using the Barry M Silk Nail Paint in 'Blossom' and unfortunately, I don't think this range is available anymore - boo! Nevertheless, this is a gorgeous, light baby pink hue with a slightly shimmery, almost satin finish - hence the 'silk' tagline - and as it doesn't have the usual, shiny finish of traditional polish, I applied some of the Barry M Gelly Effect Top Coat over the top as a finishing touch to bring back the glossiness I personally love. I only did this to four of my five digits though, as for this look I really wanted to include something a little special and go for an accent nail. It's not necessarily the season for full-on sparkle right now, so I didn't want to go for all over glitter, but I did fancy switching things up a tad and so just applying it to one nail is kinda the ideal compromise. I plumped for the Maybelline Color Show Nail Polish in 'Rose Chic' to do this as I felt like the fine, icy pink shimmer tied in with the offering from Barry M perfectly - especially as I layered it straight over the top.

Overall, I really rather like this look - the ideal way of bringing back the sparkle without getting too dramatic or over the top. Plus, it's very Spring indeed - what more could you want, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS