navigation

Wednesday 31 May 2017

May: The Love List


So, it's the end of May - already, I know - and so what better time than to sit down and rattle off some of the things I've been loving for these past few weeks?It's pretty self-explanatory and basically does what it says on the tin and so if you fancy knowing some of the things I've been obsessing over for the month of May, you're in the right place! Let's get started...

TANYA BURR COSMETICS 'NEUTRAL AMBIENCE' COLLECTION - First off, I have well and truly fell in love with the latest drop from Tanya Burr Cosmetics. I am pretty much always more than impressed with the products that Tanya chooses to launch for her makeup brand but this one has to be one of my favourite, favourites. You can read my full review here, but I'll try and summarise my thoughts right here too, a little more 'straight to the point', yanno? Inside this 'capsule' collection there are two new eye palettes and two new lipsticks and every single product is awesome. I am already a huge fan of the eyeshadow palettes and lipstick from the brand and these additions are no exception. Sam great quality - just new, exciting colours! As the name suggests, the collection is all very neutral and wearable, but with the odd twist of colour thrown in there for good measure and there really is something for everyone in there. You've got your pinky, rose gold hues that are just perfect for us warm-toned lovers out there and then there's stunning, olive greens for us fans of the cool tones and each palette can be paired with one of the two lipsticks too. Both nudes - just one is more pinky and the other more peachy - and they both match up to the aforementioned palettes accordingly. What's not to love?

RIMMEL MATCH PERFECTION LOOSE POWDER IN 'TRANSLUSCENT' - I've also been absolutely loving this loose powder from Rimmel. I mentioned in this post how over the past few months - since getting into the whole 'baking' makeup trend - I have tried a handful of translucent loose powders (this one included) and I have to say that it is my favourite of the bunch. It's super finely-milled and it is completely, completely translucent. It leave no colour residue behind and if anything, I actually find it to be very brightening on the skin, especially when used to 'bake' my face. The finely-milled formula means it gets the job done, without being cakey or heavy on the skin and it's the one which I have found to leave the most lightweight, smooth finish behind. Love, love, LOVE.

L'OREAL MISS BABY ROLL MASCARA IN 'BLACK' - Mascara-wise, this month I have cracked open the newly-released Miss Baby Roll from L'Oreal and oh good Lord is this stuff worth the hype. Since getting released last month (I believe) it has received an absolute tonne of attention in the online beauty community and it definitely made me want to try it out for myself. So, I picked it up and got round to giving it a go during the month of May and I am so, so glad I did. This stuff is super black and pigmented and gives me a load of volume, length, lift, thickness - pretty much in an instant. It's one of those mascaras that is very 'wet' with a very product-laden brush that makes you lashes look awesome after only a one light layer. It does mean you have to be careful with applying to ensure you don't get it everywhere and also go a little overboard on the lashes themselves - but once you master it, it is so worth it.

MAYBELLINE COLOR SENSATIONAL NUDE MATTE LIPSTICK IN 'BEIGE BABE' - You might remember a couple of months back I was talking about how much I was loving the a shade from the Maybelline Color Sensational Nude Matte Lipstick Collection and now, here I am again, talking about another one. I was so impressed by the dusky pink-toned 'Smoky Rose' colour and general formula in general that I went back to try another hue from the 'Nude Matte' Collection and I love it. This is 'Beige Babe' and as the name suggests, it is more of a traditional light, brown-toned nude, nude than 'Smoky Rose' and so works as a pretty universal lipstick colour for basically any and every makeup look. Plus the consistency of these lipsticks is so lovely - they're matte, but creamy at the same time and so they feel so nice and comfortable on the lips and they last pretty well too.

MAYBELLINE COLOR SHOW NAIL POLISH IN 'PINK SLIP' -  Moving onto all things Nails and I have a grand total of two different lacquers to shout about this month. I love switching things up and trying varying colours and finishes on my talons and this one certainly fits that brief. Not only is the bright, blue-toned, almost Barbie-esque pink quite different from what I usually tend to go for nails-wise, the shimmery effect that's integrated within it is just as much so too. The overall finish is different, but it's a good different and I really rather love it. Check out the post I did featuring it here if you fancy a look!

BARRY M MOLTEN METAL NAIL PAINT IN 'PINK ICE' - Then, another shade I've been equally loving lacquering up with is this beauty from Barry M. Another metallic finish (see my post I did earlier in the month here for why I seem to have a bit of a thing for the whole 'metallised' effect on the ol' nails recently) and another pretty darn awesome colour. Sticking along the pinky theme, though this time more of the warm, rose gold-type colouring; this shade is just stunning both worn alone or paired with a pretty glittery top coat for a finishing touch - as I did here for my Birthday Nails! It's rich, opaque in two coats and delivers a super-smooth yet also slightly shimmery metallic look that catches the light - and plenty of attention - with little to no effort required. What's not to love?

GARNIER MOISTURE BOMB TISSUE MASKS - Skincare-wise, Garnier have well and truly had my heart this month. Not only is their original Moisture Bomb Tissue Mask a winner in my eyes, the two new variations that they've chosen to add into the range are just as much so too! Camomile delivers a calming, soothing effect on the skin (perfect for sensitive-skinned gals like myself), whilst the Green Tea version is ideal for combination-to-oily skintypes that need some rebalancing. Both still sit under the same 'Moisture Bomb Tissue Mask' family in that they deliver the same intense shot of hydration, though admittedly it is nice to have some differing versions to choose from now depending on your certain needs and preferences beyond some much-needed moisture. Variety is the spice of life and all that...

GARNIER SKINACTIVE MASKS - Finally, another range of face masks from Garnier - I know, I know - but this time, a brand new launch from them. These are a completely new collection from the brand and I for one was super eager to give them a go when I first heard about and spotted them on the beauty grapevine. I actually ended up picking up a selection in my local Primark (who knew?) and have been thoroughly living them ever since. There's something here for everyone - no matter your skin types or needs - and they're super affordable too. I highly suggest you making your way down to your local store, asap....

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS