navigation

Wednesday 7 June 2017

Polish Pick: Maybelline Super Stay 7 Days Nail Polish in 'Nude Rose'


I'm back with yet another 'Polish Pick' - giving you lovely lot the deets on the lacquer I've been wearing on my nails most recently. As you'll know if you read this one I did not too long ago, as of late I've been getting into the nude tones - something pretty different for me, I must admit - and with me really loving the look, I guess it's no big shock that lately, I've been trying more polishes that fall under the same neutral-esque category. And while the one which introduced me into the world of parred-back polishes in the first place was from one of my favourite brands, Barry M, this time round I've got a lacquer that comes from what is probably my other top favourite - good ol' Maybelline. What a surprise, eh?

It's no secret that I love the Maybelline 'Super Stay' Nail Polish Range. They are great - the formula; the perfect, wide, flat brush; the colour selection - everything. I have a fair few lacquers from that collection that I I've built up over the years, love and use pretty darn regularly and so whenever I'm in the mood to add new polishes to my collection, it's always one of the first ranges I peruse in the aisles of the drugstore. I also love just having a gander at the range every so often to see if there's any new shades that have been added, or simply pre-existing colours that I've never spotted before and that's exactly what happened here. I don't know if this is a brand new shade or not, but I have somehow never noticed it in the past and with my love for 'nudey' nails at an all-time high, I figured it was the perfect tone to slot into my really-rather-full nail polish stand. This is the shade 'Nude Rose' and it is pretty much exactly what it says on the tin. Seriously, I cannot think of a better way to title or describe it. It's a nude, but with that pretty pink tinge to it. Much like nude lips that seem to either fall into the 'beige nude' or 'pink nude' categories, I feel that this is very much applicable to nude-toned nails too. Whilst the likes of 'Peanut Butter' by Barry M (that, FYI, was the shade which got me into going more neutral on my nails for a change) is much more beige, almost orangey-toned; this 'Nude Rose' colour from Maybelline certainly sits on the pinky, rosey end of the spectrum. I love them both, but for different reasons and depending on what type of nude colour I want on my nails that time around. More often than not, I tend to veer more towards the rosey side of tones when opting for a nude lip, so perhaps this lacquer will be especially great for if I fancy getting all matchy-matchy. Now that's an idea right there...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS