navigation

Wednesday 5 July 2017

The Copper Combination...



Copper has been a staple colour in my my style, homeware choices - and pretty much my whole life in general - for a good while now and that trend has definitely been trickling into my makeup too - especially in the eye department. And not only is it super pretty, personally, I also find it to be rather flattering too - bonus! I have bluey-greeny kinda eyes (is it actually referred to as 'hazel'? I'm not too sure) and while I love wearing all types of colours on my eyes, if I was to say just what ones 'suit' my eye colour the most and make them do that whole 'popping' thing - warm tones are definitely that. Whenever I use a warmer shadow, liner, whatever; I always find my eyes to look even more intense afterwards and I really, really like it. And recently, I've discovered a brand new combination (yes, there's a couple of products involved) that I have fallen in love with and it's fast becoming all I want to wear right now...

Neither of these items are brand new (one is a long-term fave, while the other is a more recent addition, but still not brand, brand new) but using them in conjunction together is something that definitely is new to me and as I said, I'm really enjoying it so far. It's well-known that cream or liquid eyeshadows are great ads a base for powders to be applied over the top of to really intensify things and make it even more pigmented and this is exactly the premise that this duo is base around. Firstly, I've been going in with the Rimmel Scandaleyes Shadow Stick by Kate in 'Rose Gold'. As the name suggests, this is a stunning true copper shade that looks super lovely just swiped over the lid, blended out at the edges and worn alone, but lately I've been doing something a little different. I've been going that extra step further and taking the Tanya Burr Cosmetics Eye Palette in 'My Paradise' and using the colour, 'Miami Sunrise' (which is basically the exact same colour, but laced with a tonne of finely-milled shimmer) and using a flat brush to pack it onto my entire lid, exactly over the top of where I placed the rose gold cream shadow stick. Together, they work like a dream. The cream gives a solid colour, slightly tacky base for the powder shadow to cling to, making it more intensely-pigmented than it would be used alone (though I must say all of Tanya's palettes are incredibly well-pigmented considering the pricepoint), while the shimmery finish of the powder gives the more subdued finish of the cream a little more dimension and impact. I'd say with this, it's not even so much about the colour you get, but the finished effect and it's something that neither can achieve alone but used in conjunction with each other, it's easy-peasy. Got these two in your stash somewhere? I'd highly recommend pulling them out and trying out this technique, you definitely won't regret it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS